This Global E Book market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global E Book market.
E-books are electronic books or digitalbooks that consist of content in text, image and tabular form. E-books are published electronically and can be read on electronic devices like smartphones, e-book reader and tablets. They can be categorized into two parts - open source ones, whichusers can download freely and those for which users have to pay. Paide-books require special software and applications with the help of which they can be read.These books are available in various formats such as .odf, .txt, .pdf, .html, .lit, .epub, .prc, .dnl, .mobi, .azw etc. In order toread e-books on electronic devices, users are required to install specific software or appbased on compatibility withe-book formats. For example,the .azw e-book formatcan only be read on Amazon Kindle software. E-booksare used for e-newsletters, e-journals, e-magazines and so on.In recent years, several e-book providers have adopted the e-book formatting technique by using HTML and CSS tools. In addition, e-bookpublishers concentrate on the e-book file size compression, to enable their customers to download the e-books easily and read it with minimum configuration requirement.
High penetration of smartphones, rising global appetite for e-book content in both English and other regional languages, increasing internet usage, online translation of e-books into various languages, government initiative and supportive policies for smart education,a growing trend of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) concept, and free availability of various e-books and e-book reader appsare some of the factors driving the growth of the e-book market. Moreover, the market is expected to experience a significant growth owing to an increase in uptake of e-books in education and media &entertainment sector. However, factors such as lack of awareness among the audience regarding content of e-book and requirement of specific software or app are hampering the growth of this market to some extent.
The e-book market can be segmented into verticals and geography. By verticals, themarket can be divided into various categories such as educational institutes, media &entertainment and manufacturing. On the basis of geography, the e-book market can be segmented intoNorth America, Latin America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Eastern Europe and Middle East & Africa.
The e-book market is the fastest growing market in global book publishing industry,which is expected to show a substantial growth in CAGR, from 2014 to 2020. Among all the regions, North America is the dominating region in the e-book market. Factors such as high penetration of smartphone and smart devices, high internet usage and subscriptions have increased the market share of e-books in North America, as compared to other emerging regions such as Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
Some of the key participants in this market include McGraw-Hill, Wiley, Kensington Publishing Corp, Hachette, Cengage Learning, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House and self-published e-books. Major players in the market focus on introducing advanced e-book software and solutions in order to meet consumer demand and enhance their market share.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies and verticals. Report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global E Book Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global E Book Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global E Book Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global E Book Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global E Book Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global E Book Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.