This Biocides market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biocides market.
As per European legislation, a biocide is a microorganism or chemical substance meant to destroy, render harmless, deter or control a harmful organism through either biological or chemical means. Some types of biocides sold in the global biocides market include metallic compounds, halogen compounds, organic acids, organosulfur, phenolics and many others. Biocides are widely used in wood preservation, water treatment, personal care, food and beverages and the paint and coating industry. Biocides find application in the painting industry as an additive that prevents the paint from getting spoiled during lengthy storage periods and it also prevents algae and fungi from growing on the paint. The damage to any surface coated with paint or coating material caused by the microbial attack is always an area of great concern in the painting industry. Polymers help prevent degradation of sensorial and physical properties, both inside the material and on the surface. Silver based biocides are useful in consumer products because of their high thermal stability and environmental safety. Organosulfur biocides are used in oil refineries as they are less reactive than Hydrochloric acid (HCl) or a mixture of HCl and Hydrofluoric acid (HF). Yet the largest market share is still held by halogen compounds.
Factors influencing revenue growth of the biocides market
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Another key area predicted to show growth is the food and beverage industry. Developed countries in North America and the European Union have extremely stringent safety norms that must be complied with. In addition, the Asia Pacific region has a growing food and beverage industry. Food preservatives have seen a rapid uptake in adoption worldwide as people wish to store food for longer periods of time. These factors should benefit the biocides market in the food and beverage industry.
Greater focus on the environment and eco-friendly product emphasis is expected to be the third major driver of the global biocides market. Halogen compounds may be of use in this case as they are powerful bacterial growth control agents. Halogen compounds are cost-effective, efficient, can be used in a variety of applications and encounter relatively lower resistance. Biocides that comply with increasingly stricter environmental norms should find a ready market in the developed world and there are even eco-friendly biocides and organic acids now that are relatively easier to market in these regions.
Biocides market: key regions
North America is anticipated to be the largest region for biocides. This is owing to the presence of a large number of companies in the region – specialising in nearly every industry including food and beverages, water purification and painting and coating, all of which are the largest consumers of biocides. The market to target for future growth is undoubtedly the Asia-Pacific region, led by China and closely followed by India. The main reasons for this are – a large amount of investment being made in the water purification industry to cater to the vast population’s demand for clean water, a painting industry that will grow in tandem with urbanisation and construction activities, and an eventual focus on environmentally friendly products. Europe is a largely mature market and is not anticipated to show much growth in the forecast period.
Companies operating in the biocides market
Some of the key market players in the biocides market include Melzer Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., The Dow Chemical Company, Baker Hughes Incorporated, and AkzoNobel NV.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biocides Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Biocides Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Biocides Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Biocides Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Biocides Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.