This Global Herbicides market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Herbicides market.
Herbicides are crop protection material used for killing undesired plants without causing any harm to the plantation and thus increase agricultural productivity. Herbicides are often modified for a particular plantation based on plant hormones to ensure the safety of the desired plantation. Herbicides are also employed for clearing land of plants and herbs where they kill all plants in a region. Other applications for herbicides include lawns, gardens, drainage and water bodies to clear aquatic weed.
Some plants naturally produce herbicides and herbicides are also artificially made using chemicals or bio based products. Bio based herbicides are manufactured using renewable resources and are expected to be the fastest growing product segment for herbicides in the near future. Chemicals used for herbicide production include amide, sodium chlorate and sulfuric acid among several others.
Herbicides help in improving agricultural productivity by killing unwanted herbs and weeds in the plantation. Hence increasing demand for high agricultural productivity to meet the global food demands has been the foremost driver for herbicides market growth. Increasing population and growing disposable income of a region are among other driver for the demand of herbicides. Synthetically produced herbicides dominate the global herbicides market primarily owing to low cost and higher efficiency. However, several synthetic herbicides pose severe threat to the eco system and cause several environmental and health hazards. The hazards associated with synthetic herbicides have led to several stringent regulations on the use of herbicides which has been a major factor restraining herbicides market growth. The regulations have led to increase in the demand for bio based herbicides. In order to meet the stringent regulations and also to improve efficiency of herbicides, major players invest in research and development activities to develop new herbicides. Hence intellectual properties and patents are among the critical success factors for growth in herbicides market.
Asia Pacific dominated the global herbicides market both in terms of production and consumption and the trend is expected to continue in the near future. Asia Pacific comprises of two of the largest countries in terms of population namely India and China. These regions are also among the major emerging economies in terms of GDP growth rate and increasing disposable income. Large population coupled with high economic growth in these emerging economies is expected to drive demand for herbicides in Asia Pacific.
North America is the second largest consumer for herbicides. However, stringent environmental regulations in the developed economies of North America and Europe are expected to restraint market growth in these regions. Bio based herbicides are expected to offer huge growth opportunity in North America and Europe. Demand for herbicides in the RoW region is dominated by South America primarily owing to growing demand for several crops in the region including corn, beans and cashews among several others. RoW region is expected to be among the fastest growing regions for herbicides market growth.
Major players in the herbicides market include Kenvos Biotech Co., Ltd., Amvac Chemical Corporation, United Phosphorus Limited (UPL), Bayer CropScience AG and Shadong Tianfeng Biotechnology Co. Ltd among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Herbicides Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Herbicides Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Herbicides Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Herbicides Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Herbicides Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Herbicides Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.