This Humectants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Humectants market.
Humectants are hygroscopic substances that are used to keep things moist. Humectants consists of various hydrophilic groups such as amines and carboxyl and hydroxyl groups. Humectants include polysaccharides, proteins, alcohols, acids, urea, aloe Vera, glycerin and sorbitol. The major applications of humectants include medicines, cosmetics, pesticides and paints & coatings. Various factors that are driving the global humectants market are increasing demand from the cosmetic industry and changing lifestyle which is anticipated to fuel the cosmetics market. Some of the humectants are derivatives of petroleum products and are subjected to price volatility as they are derived from crude oil. Various players operating in the global humectant market leverage opportunity due to the technological up-gradation in the cosmetics and food industry. Global humectants market is exhibiting the remarkable growth owing to increasing population and increasing construction industry which drives the paint and coating market and in turn drives the global humectants market over the forecast period.
Humectants Market Segmentation
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Humectants Market: Region-wise Outlook
The Global humectants market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the rising demand for medicines coupled with increasing awareness health awareness among consumers. Globally, among all the regions, North America is expected to contribute the highest market share followed by European region over the forecast period due the FDA approval for using humectants in food products. In Europe the usage of humectants is limited owing to the less usage of humectants in cosmetics and more emphasis of government to use natural humectant in comparison to synthetic humectants owing to less harmful effects associated with the natural humectants. However, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market owing to the rising disposable income coupled with changing lifestyle of consumers is expected to support the market growth of the cosmetics market which eventually drives the market growth of humectants market.
Humectants Market: Drivers
Major factors that are expected to fuel the growth of humectants market are increasing usage of humectants in medicines coupled with the rising usage of the humectants in the food products.For example polydextrose is the food additive that is used as substitute for sugar in food products. However major restraint that is expected to hamper the market growth of the humectants is the adverse effect of humectant on consumer health. For example polydextrose and hyaluronic acid can cause cancer when consumed in high dosage. Other factor that is expected to hinder the market growth of the global humectant market is price volatility as some humectant are made from crude oil.
Humectants Market: Key Players
Major companies operating in humectants market are BASF SE, Wuhan Sanjiang Space Gude Biotech Co., VMP Chemiekontor GmbH, The Lubrizol Corporation, Vantage Specialty Ingredients, Inc., and The Dow Chemical Company among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Humectants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Humectants market Segments
- Humectants market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- Humectants market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Humectants market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Humectants market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Humectants Market services includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint