This Lutein market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Lutein market.
Lutein is a type of carotenoids, is a yellow pigment found in many plants- particularly in marigold which is a natural pigment found in many fruits & vegetables and responsible for bright yellow colors of fruits & vegetables which act as an antioxidant and also support for eye function and healthy vision. Lutein is also called as “the eye vitamin”. Lutein helps to maintain macular pigment optical density which supports healthy vision. Healthy nutritional intake provides good eyesight. As rising eye diseases like glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and age-related macular degeneration may effect industry growth. Lutein is also used in ice cream, yogurt, fruit, beverages, and desserts.
Lutein has the ability to absorb blue light which later acts as ‘internal sunglasses’ which may reduce photochemical harm occurs by short-wavelength of observable light. After consuming lutein through dietary supplements and leafy vegetables increases MPOD (Macular Pigment Optical Density) in human eyes and decreases the risk of AMD (Age-related Macular Degeneration).
Apart from caring eyes, lutein is also used for curing many healthcare problems like it prevents several types of cancer which include breast cancer, type 2 diabetes and colon, skin disorders, and coronary heart disease.
Global Lutein Market: Segmentation
Lutein market can be segmented on the basis of end-use industry, by application, and by regions. Based on the end use industry, Lutein is segmented into food, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, animal feed applications and dietary supplements. Cosmetics & pharmaceutical sectors are projected to grow during the forecasted period. On the basis of the application, lutein market is segmented into food coloring, dairy products, egg products, cosmetics, tobacco, medicine and poultry feed. Application of lutein in dairy & egg products is the foremost segment of Lutein market over the projected period. Growing consumer preference towards functional dairy products such as cheese, yogurt and ice creams due to increasing health concern consumers may drive the global lutein market.
Global Lutein Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of the geographical market segment, it is segmented into seven different regions: North America, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Asia-Pacific region, Japan and the Middle East and Africa.
In regional segments, APAC is presently the market leader in terms of revenue in the global lutein market and is expected to hold market dominance over the forecast period followed by North America will witness relatively high growth in the global Lutein market over the forecast period as increasing health concerns mainly increasing demand for Lutein in healthcare industry as consumers are using variety Lutein infused products which are related to bone, heart, eye, weight, digestion, immune diseases may drive U.S. lutein market.
Global Lutein Market: Drivers & Restraints
The global Lutein market is projected to witness constant growth over the forecast period.The growth of Lutein market is driven by rising demand for eye supplements due to the surge in healthcare sector may drive the market during the forecast period. Hectic lifestyle and lack of stable diet have increased health problems such as diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, and stroke will boost the lutein dietary supplements market which includes fatty acid, minerals and vitamins during the anticipated period.
Supplements which contain lutein have some restraint, it may cause hives, rash, stomach cramps, and facial swelling & breathing problem is the major restraint of lutein market. Consumption of high amount of lutein products or supplements may lead to a yellowing skin. Henceforth, lutein is not legalized as a nutritive ingredient in infant formula which reduces the industry profit margin and pressurizes products price trend is another key fear for global lutein market.
Global Lutein Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Lutein market include DSM, BASF, Solaray, Sundown, Iorrow, Allied Biotech Corporation, Kemin, Tianjin Pharmaland, Nature’s Bounty, and few other regional players. Manufacturers all over the world are expanding and innovating new technology and improving in production which may favor drive value & volume market size growth and also focus on different strategies to maintain their market share in the global lutein market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and Industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Lutein Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Lutein Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Lutein Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Lutein Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Lutein Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)