KEY RESEARCH FINDINGS
- The global food microencapsulation market was valued at US$ 5.3 Bn in 2020.
- Growth in the food microencapsulation market will be underpinned by the increasing demand for functional foods.
- North America remains in driver’s seat in food microencapsulation market; Asia Pacific (APAC) to offer lucrative growth prospects.
- India and China are expected to report high demand for food microencapsulation in Asia Pacific
KEY FACTORS SHAPING FOOD MICROENCAPSULATION MARKET
High Adoption in Functional Foods
Functional food items require technologies to incorporate health-centric elements without compromising on their functionality or bioavailability. Food microencapsulation provides necessary shielding to these ingredients from extreme external conditions. The process inhibits interaction of drug interactions with food material.
Rising Demand for Encapsulated Vitamins
Our daily diet should have fat soluble vitamins in small quantities to ensure proper functioning, growth, and maintenance of our body tissues. Encapsulated vitamins can prevent various diseases and health conditions such as heart problems, skin and eye disorders, and cholesterol levels. This is one of the key factors fuelling the demand for food microencapsulation around the world.
FOOD MICROENCAPSULATION STRUCTURE ANALYSIS
- Leading players in food microencapsulation market are entering into strategic partnerships and agreements with end-use industries.
- In addition, market players are increasingly investing in product innovation and R&D activities to capture business opportunities.
- Base year considered - 2019
- Actual estimates/Historical data - 2015 - 2019
- Forecast period - 2020 - 2030
- Market Value in 2019 - US$ 13.3 Bn
- Segments covered - Technology, Coating Material, Application.
- Regions covered - North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and MEA.
- Key Players - Reed Pacific and Aveka Inc., Lipo Technologies, GAT Food microencapsulation GmbH, GAT Food microencapsulation GmbH, and Microtek Laboratories.
- Report coverage - Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Leading Players Aim for Strategic Collaborations to Gain Competitive Strength
Companies operating in the food microencapsulation market are likely to make significant investment to boost their research and development efforts. In addition to these, several among the leading players are keen on strategic collaborations. These companies are aiming at expanding their product portfolio through partnerships. Furthermore, they are likely to engage in mergers and acquisition to consolidate market share while gaining competitive advantage.
For instance, in November 2016, BASF announced its plan of entering into a collaboration with the University of California to develop a new food microencapsulation technology. Such strategies adopted by the leading players will bode well for the market in the coming years.
North America is Forecast to Hold Maximum Share in Market
North America is currently leading the food microencapsulation market. The increasing use of food microencapsulation in nutrition and food industries will drive expansion in North America. The rising use of the technology in functional food processing will give significant impetus to the market.
The UK, Germany, Italy and France accounted for the maximum sales in the market in Europe due to the early adoption of the technology. The presence of some of the major companies and food manufacturers will support the growth of the market in Europe. Studies suggest that the rising demand for processed food will enable growth of the market in the region.
Increase in Demand for Fortified Food Products with Health Benefits to Bolster Growth
As the demand for functional and fortified food products increases, the food microencapsulation market will grow. The technology is used for the incorporation of minerals, vitamins, spices, essential oils and other ingredients into food products to improve their functional properties. For instance, microencapsulation helps in odour masking, improving nutrient stability, and preventing degradation of key ingredients used in food products. The rising awareness regarding benefits of food microencapsulation will fuel its demand around the world.
How Growth will Unfold
Food encapsulation is gaining popularity in the food sector because it allows to envelop valuable nutrient and vitamins within food products. The market is likely to witness increasing demand in the coming years in response to the rising demand for convenience food, coupled with growing health awareness. Furthermore, innovations in encapsulation process witnessed in the last few years will spur growth in the market. Also, R&D efforts adopted by the leading players will bode well for the global market.
FOOD MICROENCAPSULATION MARKET TAXONOMY
The global food microencapsulation market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to readers.
- Spray technologies
- Gums and Resins
- Food and beverages
- Household and personal care products
- Construction materials
- Paper and Printing
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia