Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is an inert, nonflammable and nontoxic silicon based organic polymer. Generally it is referred as dimethicone. Polydimethylsiloxane is optically clear and viscous substance. The properties such as water repellency, low surface tension, low vapor pressure, oxidation resistance, anti-foaming, heat, resistance, heat stability, good dielectric properties and others makes PDMS a very useful substance in various industrial applications. These diverse set of properties of Polydimethylsiloxane are used in medicines, cosmetics, hydraulic fluids, surfactants, anti-foaming agents, coating, domestic products and others.
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Market: Drivers and restraints
The chemical and physical properties of PDMS are highly utilized in various application sectors such as cosmetics and medicines. The growing cosmetic sector which is forecasted to be of U.S. $ 265 Bn. by 2017 is a major contributor to the demand ofpolydimethylsiloxane. Industrial growth of developing economies is expected to raise the demand for PDMS for lubrication, hydraulic fluids, as well as for coating techniques.
On the other hand PDMS is a non-bio degradable material hence proper disposal techniques might yield to rise in cost composition.Polydimethylsiloxane is generally considered to be safe when applied on the surface or skin, but some researcher argue about the hazardous effect it might cause when taken into body. Hence it might affect the consumer mindset if not clarified or researched further
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Market:Region-wise Outlook
The main producer of polydimethylsiloxane are USA and China accounting to the major part of the total production by market. The other major producers are from Western Europe especially from Germany, U.K and France. The rapid industrialization in developing economies in Asia and Africa are forecasted to be beneficial to the global polydimethylsiloxane market. Europe is also showing positive demand because
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Market: Key players
Some of the major manufactures of PDMS are Dow Corning Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, Bluestar Silicones, Hubei Xin Sihai Chemical Co., Momentive, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Alfa Aesar GmbH & Co. KG, Sigma Aldrich Corp., Jinan Haohua Industry Co. Ltd., TCI Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Fisher Scientific International Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Polydimethylsiloxane Market: Segmentation
On the basis of types, global polydimethylsiloxane market is segmented into:
- Lower molecular weight polydimethylsiloxane
- Higher molecular weight polydimethylsiloxane
- Ultra High molecular weight polydimethylsiloxane
On the basis of application, global polydimethylsiloxane market is segmented into:
- Lubricants and Greases
- Surfactants and Antifoaming agents
- Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Industry
- Food & Beverages industry
- Other ( Contact lens ,Silly putty and others)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.