This Anti Malware market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Anti Malware market.
The global anti-malware market is innovation-based. Vendors have a tough task of constantly coming up with advanced solutions to protect businesses and personal users against a wide range of malicious software.
Anti-malware is interchangeably used with anti-virus, but the scope and scale of the former encompasses a range of services not covered under a conventional anti-virus package.
Demand for anti-malware products and services is on an increase owing to growing internet user base. Malicious software is most commonly propagated through emails and World Wide Web, and 24x7 internet connectivity has increased the risks of malware infection manifold.
Reputation Scanning and Security: A Comprehensive Solution
As malware is most commonly used for stealing personal and business information, or conducting acts of sabotage, anti-malware vendors are focusing on preventing user-security through reputation scanning. While conventional anti-virus software and firewalls still remain a potent safeguard avenue against known malware, vendors are focusing on Reputation Scanning and Application Control to offer comprehensive security.
As the recent Ransomware attacks showed, there is a lack of preparedness against malware that are unknown to vendors. The recent Ransomware, known as WannayCry, affected users in over 150 countries, making it a global pandemic. Leading institutions were held hostage by Ransomware, highlighting once again the loopholes in end-user security.
Key players in the global anti-malware market are gradually shifting toward reputation-based security to provide comprehensive features to their clients. The advantage with reputation scanning is its ability to identify new threats as they are created. The limitation with conventional anti-malware security is while it helps safeguard devices against known malware, it is usually found lacking when a sophisticated malware is created and unleashed upon unsuspecting users.
Reputation scanning involves studying data patterns of billions of users to identify continuously evolving threats. The data is collected anonymously with an opt-in feature for users who want their application usage data to be collated. Considering the micro-distribution stage of malware, reputation-based technology is being increasingly adopted by vendors globally.
Demand for Mobile Anti-Malware Services Growing Strongly
As mobile becomes the preferred gadget for a majority of users, vendors are increasingly developing solutions that are customised to the mobile experience. The extensive use of smartphones in business milieu has led to rising investment in anti-malware products and services that safeguard data and other confidential information. It is estimated that spending on mobile anti-malware will grow at a steady pace in the foreseeable future.
Anti-Malware Market: North America at Forefront in Terms of Innovation, Asia Pacific Important in Terms of Volume
The global anti-malware market will continue to be influenced by the evolving needs of organisations. The U.S. remains an important market for anti-malware vendors – not only because of the number of gadgets, but also for spearheading the innovation in terms of advanced technology.
Sales of mobile phones, tablets, and laptops have remained healthy in Asia Pacific owing to increased spending power among the region’s vast middle class. Cybersecurity vendors are focusing on increasing their presence in Asia Pacific to penetrate into this rapidly evolving market. The Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) anti-malware market is expected to provide growth opportunities to vendors in the future.
Leading companies offering anti-malware products and services include AVAST Software, BitDefender, AVG Technologies, Symantec, and McAfee, Malwarebytes, Sophos, Lookout, Kaspersky Lab, and Intel Security Group.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Anti Malware Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Anti Malware Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Anti Malware Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Anti Malware Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Anti Malware Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.