This Dimethyldichlorosilane market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dimethyldichlorosilane market.
Dimethyldichlorosilane Market: Introduction
Dimethyldichlorosilane is referred to by the chemical formula Si(CH3)2Cl2. Dimethyldichlorosilane is a tetrahedral organo-silicon compound. Dimethyldichlorosilane is found as a colorless liquid at room temperature. Dimethyldichlorosilane reacts with water to give rise to linear as well as cyclic Silicon Oxide chains. Dimethyldichlorosilane is synthesized on an industrial scale as a precursor to dimethyl silicone and polysilane compounds. The history of Dimethyldichlorosilane dates back to 1863, but the first successful synthesis of Dimethyldichlorosilane took place in 1930. The Dow Corning Company which was initially conceived as a partnership between General Electric, Corning Glass Works, and Dow Chemical Company demonstrated the first successful synthesis of dimethyldichlorosilane on an industrial scale. However, the direct process which is used today in the synthesis of dimethyldichlorosilane involves the reaction of elemental silicon with methyl chloride in the presence of a catalyst which is primarily copper.
The need for Dimethyldichlorosilane became all the more critical due to the increasing demand for silcones which find application in electric motors and as sealants for aircraft engines. Another trend which is expected to increase the demand for dimethyldichlorosilane in the coming years is the gaining popularity of green tires. These tires are touted to have better grip on wet surfaces and also higher rolling resistance. The growing concern regarding automotive pollution as well as fast depleting fossil fuel reserves are one of the common pain points which is expected to encourage automobile manufacturers switch to green tires in their automobiles. This is likely to boost the market for dimethyldichlorosilane as dimethyldichlorosilane is the primary raw material used for the manufacture of green tires.
Dimethyldichlorosilane Market: Market Dynamics
The increasing construction activity and the requirement of aesthetically pleasing corporate buildings requires the use of large volumes of glass. In order to prevent the adsorption of micro-particles on glass, dimethyldichlorosilane coating is applied onto glass. Given the high volume requirement of glass used in a multitude of industries such as automobiles, buildings, as well as souvenirs, the dimethyldichlorosilane market is expected to witness growth in the coming future. In addition, the use of dimethyldichlorosilane as sealants for electric motors and aircraft engines is also expected to aid the growth of the dimethyldichlorosilane market. Further, the growing concern regarding automotive pollution as well as fast depleting fossil fuel reserves are one of the common pain points which is expected to encourage automobile manufacturers switch to green tires in their automobiles. This is likely to boost the market for dimethyldichlorosilane as dimethyldichlorosilane is the primary raw material used for the manufacture of green tires.
One of the major deterrents which is adversely impacting the growth of the dimethyldichlorosilane market is the high cost of raw materials / chemicals required for the industrial scale synthesis of dimethyldichlorosilane. This increase in the raw material costs is a result of fluctuating exchange rates, and also environmental protection measures due to which regulation and restriction of chemicals usage including Dimethyldichlorosilane by various governments across the world.
Dimethyldichlorosilane Market: Regional Outlook
On the regional front, Asia Pacific is the most dominant market for dimethyldichlorosilane. The demand for dimethyldichlorosilane is primarily from the Indian and Chinese markets. The demand for dimethyldichlorosilane is induced by the fact that there are no stringent regulations for the production and storage of the compound. Further, the huge market demand for dimethyldichlorosilane by the end users is also stimulating the growth of the market. One of the major factors which is fueling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific is the booming construction industry and the migration of multinational conglomerates from western nations to Asian countries owing to cheap labor costs. Europe is the second most dominant market for dimethyldichlorosilane products due the presence of a large number of automotive manufacturers in the region.
Dimethyldichlorosilane: Key Market Participants
Some of the key market participants in the global Dimethyldichlorosilane are:
- Sigma-Aldrich, Inc.
- Gelest, Inc.
- Dow Corning
- Evonik Industries
- Wacker Chemie AG
- SynQuest Labs, Inc.
- Hoshine Silicon Industry Co. Ltd.
- DeWolf Chemical
- Qufu Wanda Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Cabot Corporation
- Avantor, Inc.
- Toronto Research Chemicals
The Dimethyldichlorosilane market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Dimethyldichlorosilane market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Dimethyldichlorosilane market research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, end use operation and application.
The Dimethyldichlorosilane market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size of Dimethyldichlorosilane
- Supply & Demand of Dimethyldichlorosilane
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in the Dimethyldichlorosilane market
- Value Chain
Regional analysis of the Dimethyldichlorosilane Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Dimethyldichlorosilane market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of Dimethyldichlorosilane market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Dimethyldichlorosilane market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dimethyldichlorosilane Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dimethyldilorosilane Market: Market Segmentation
The global dimethyldichlorosilane market can be segmented on the basis of sales channel, and application.
On the basis of grade, the global dimethyldichlorosilane market is segmented into:
- Upto 98% Purity
- 99% Purity
On the basis of application, the global dimethyldichlorosilane market is segmented into:
- Silicone Rubber
- Silicone Sealants
- Paints & Coatings
- Printing Inks & Toners
- Cable Compounds & Gels
- Detailed overview of Dimethyldichlorosilane market
- Changing market dynamics in the Dimethyldichlorosilane industry
- In-depth market segmentation of the Dimethyldichlorosilane market
- Historical, current and projected market size of the Dimethyldichlorosilane market in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for Dimethyldichlorosilane market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Dimethyldichlorosilane Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Dimethyldichlorosilane Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Dimethyldichlorosilane Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Dimethyldichlorosilane Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.