This Fabry Disease market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fabry Disease market.
Fabry diseaseis also known as Anderson-Fabry disease and alpha-galactosidase A deficiency. It is a rare genetic disorder of lipid metabolism resulting from the deficient activity of the alpha-galactosidase A (a-Gal A) enzyme. The deficiency of the enzyme is caused by the alterations in the genes that instructs the cells to make alpha-galactosidase A (a-Gal A) enzyme. Fabry disease is known to cause variety of systemic symptoms and complications, one of them being metabolic disorders. The metabolism of sphingolipids is minimized, in fabry disease which results in the multiple organ failure and death. Owing to the deficiency of alpha galactosidase A enzyme, glycolipid called Gb3 accumulates in the blood vessels and other organs and thus results in formation of blockage or clots that leads to malfunctioning of the system.
Fabry Disease Market: Drivers and Restraints
The major drivers that drive the fabry disease market growth are extensive R&D activities, adoption of advanced technologies in the research practices. Due to hereditary nature and severity of the disease, complications in physiological systems, such as cardiac system, urinary system and others are expected to increase the demand for trustworthy treatment. Extensive R&D practices is one of the valuable drivers of the market. Due to this, various therapeutic products, such as, PRX-102, JR-051, NP-003, GC-1119 and others, are under pipeline studies. However, rare incidence rate (1 in 40,000), lack of awareness about advancements in genetic sciences, technological limitations in certain region of the world are some of the restraining factors that may affect the growth of the fabry disease market.
Fabry Disease Market: Overview
The enzyme replacement therapy is designed to provide enzyme to the patients suffering from enzyme deficiency. It was found that this treatment was not a complete cure though it improved the metabolism. Enzyme replacement therapy is the most expensive and unaffordable treatment among the treatments for fabry disease, hence the market for enzyme replacement therapy is expected to register moderate growth in overall fabry disease market. The analgesics, anticonvulsants and NSAIDs are generally known for the treatment of pain and other symptoms associated with fabry disease hence, contributing majorly to the market.
Fabry Disease Market: Regional Overview
Geographically, the global fabry disease market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APAC, Japan, Middle East and Africa.North America is estimated to be the most lucrative region owing to the affordability of the treatment followed by Europe. The rare incidences in APAC and MEA countries are expected to limit the growth of fabry disease market in these regions.
Fabry Disease Market: Key Players
The major players operating in this market and involved in development of new medications include Sanofi-Aventis LLC, iBio, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Genzyme Corporation, and Neuraltus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Some of the existing key players in the global fabry disease market are Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Merc & Co., Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., Teva pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fabry Disease Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Fabry Disease Market: Segmentation
The global fabry disease market has been classified on the basis of treatment, end use and geography.
Based on treatment, the global fabry disease market is divided into following:
- Enzyme replacement therapy
- Gene therapy
- Pharmaceutical formulations containing agalsidase alpha
Based on end user type, the global fabry disease market is divided into following:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Fabry Disease Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Fabry Disease Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Fabry Disease Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Fabry Disease Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)