This Hormonal Contraception market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hormonal Contraception market.
Hormonal contraception is type of pregnancy prevention techniques which act on the endocrine system. In this method various female hormones are used to prevent ovulation. Two forms of hormonal contraceptive formulations are available in combination forms such as estrogen and a progestin. However, progestogen is the only method which contains progesterone or any one of its synthetic analogues. In combination method the therapeutic effect is achieved by suppressing ovulation and thickening of cervical mucus, whereas progestogen only method decrease the frequency of ovulation.
Various types of hormonal contraception methods are now available in the market which includes oral pill, skin patch, intrauterine device (IUD), injection, and implantation of rod that is worn underneath the skin. Depending upon type of hormonal contraception it is determined whether the hormonal exposure is continuous or intermittent. All approaches of hormonal contraception are based on prevention of implanting a fertilized egg in female’s womb (uterus) and start to develop or preventing sperm and egg from fertilization. New and improved methods of hormonal contraception are being developed as the efficacy of several methods may differ under various circumstances.
Hormonal Contraception Market: Drivers and Restraints
Global hormonal contraception are widely used globally by females. Adoption of hormonal contraception for birth control is increased due the community awareness in making precise decisions relating to reproductively and sexual health. The growth of hormonal contraception market is fuelled by rise in female population globally, urbanization and increased consciousness about hormonal contraception and also encouraging NGO and government policies to promote hormonal contraception. Implementation of temporary and low cost contraceptive practices instead of permanent contraception is the vital factor driving global market for hormonal contraception market. The adverse side effects linked with use of hormonal contraceptives acts as major barrier for global market during the forecast period.
Hormonal Contraception: Market Overview
Increasing support by the government in populated countries, rising awareness towards personal healthcare and monitoring, and wide acceptance of hormonal contraception among females around the globe are the factors driving the growth of hormonal contraception market. The fact that pregnancy can be resumed after terminating the use of hormonal contraception plays key role for growth of the global hormonal contraception market. The global hormonal contraception market is expected to grow at a remarkable CAGR in the forecast period (2016-2026).
Hormonal Contraception Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on geographic region hormonal contraception global market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa.Hormonal contraceptives are dominating in North America due to their ease of use. Europe and Asia pacific regions are likely to grow at a significant CAGR for hormonal contraception market. Countries like China and India are promising to contribute to the hormonal contraception market due to vast population pool.
Hormonal Contraception Market: Key Players
Some of the key players identified in the global hormonal contraception market are Bayer Pharma AG, Merck & Co., Inc., Afaxys, Inc. Charleston, SC., Agile Therapeutics Inc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hormonal Contraception Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Hormonal Contraception Market: Segmentation
The hormonal contraceptionmarket is classified on the basis of product type and end user
By Product Type:
- Oral Pill
- Skin Patch
- Intrauterine Device (IUD)
By End Use:
- Homecare Settings
- Gynecology Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Hormonal Contraception Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Hormonal Contraception Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Hormonal Contraception Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Hormonal Contraception Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)