This Motorized Prosthesis market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Motorized Prosthesis market.
Motorized prosthesis is an artificial medical device used to perform the functions of missing body parts due to factors such as trauma, congenital factors, or various other diseases. The concept of motorized prosthesis arises from the combination of biomedical engineering and neuroscience. The motorized prosthesis is based on brain computed interface, to avail the biological functioning of missing body parts. Motorized prosthesis is a complex network of motors and cognitive modalities. These devices are made for supporting of autonomous nervous system functioning such as devices for bladder control. The motorized prosthesis are in research and development phase, and various technological advancements has been witnessed in developing a novelty product to support the normal functioning of the body. The motorized prosthesis are based on target muscle innervation (TMR) technology.
Motorized Prosthesis Market: Drivers and Restraints
The motorized prosthesis market is expected to show tremendous growth during the forecast period. The factors such as technological advancement in motorized prosthesis, increasing research and development expenditure to support the life of affected patients are driving the growth of the motorized prosthesis market. Increasing healthcare infrastructure along with the growth in IT infrastructure are also driving the growth of motorized prosthesis market. In addition, according to research studies conducted, approximately 2 million individuals are living without a limb in the U.S. alone, and nearly 185,000 amputations occur in the U.S. every year. However, the motor prosthesis is in its initial phase of development, and factors such as high developmental cost, and pricing are the major constraints of the motorized prosthesis market. The factors such as modelling of the device, power consumption, size, and biocompatibility are major issues which can hamper the growth of motorized prosthesis market. Moreover, due to the presence of batteries and motor, they are likely to be heavy as compared with body-powered prosthesis, and thus impede the motorized prosthesis market growth.
Motorized Prosthesis Market: Overview
The motorized prosthesis market is an emerging technology, and is adopted by a large number of affected patient population base. The motorized prosthesis are based on the integration with the nervous system to conduct the functioning of the replaced body part by a device known as a controller that maintains the compatibility between patient’s nervous system and muscular systems. Motorized prosthesis work by sending users’ commands to the device’ actuators, and deduces the feedback from the biosensors. Motorized hand prosthesis are widely used as compared with the motorized leg prosthesis. The information technology also plays a crucial role in the development of the motorized prosthesis. The various programs have been conducted such open-source robotic prosthesis through which various collaboration are made by players for bringing advancement in the technology coupled with lowering the cost of the devices by using 3D printing technology for custom made fabrication.
Motorized Prosthesis Market: Region Wise Outlook
Geographically, motorized prosthesis market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is projected to hold the largest share of motorized prosthesis in the global market, followed by Western Europe, owing to more developed healthcare infrastructure and ease of access to advanced technology. In addition, high disposable income, support from the governmental bodies, and favorable reimbursement scenario are driving the growth of the motorized prosthesis market. The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to show the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the consistent technological advancement, increasing R&D investment by the public and private bodies. The market in regions such as Latin America, Middle East, and Africa are anticipated to show sluggish growth owing to low per capita income, lack of skilled personnel, and limited medical facilities.
Motorized Prosthesis Market: Key Players
Some of the market participants in the global motorized prosthesis market are Advanced Arm Dynamics, Bionic Prosthetics and Orthotics, BionX Medical Technologies, Inc., Faulhaber Group, Freedom Innovations, LLC, Mobius Bionics LLC, Össur hf., Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH, Sensars Neuroprosthteics, and Touch Bionics Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Motorized Prosthesis Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Motorized Prosthesis Market: Segmentation
The global motorized prosthesis market can be segmented on the basis of target population, end-user, and region.
On the basis of target population, global motorized prosthesis market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end-user global motorized prosthesis market can be segmented as:
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Trauma Centers
On the basis of region, global motorized prosthesis market can be segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Motorized Prosthesis Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Motorized Prosthesis Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Motorized Prosthesis Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Motorized Prosthesis Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)