This Nitromethane market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nitromethane market.
Nitromethane Market: Definition and Introduction
Nitromethane is a primary nitroalkane and the simplest form of an organic nitro compound. The chemical formula for Nitromethane is CH3NO2. Nitromethane is an oily, colourless liquid with a strongly unpleasant odor. The molecular weight of Nitromethane is 61.04 g/mol and the boiling point for Nitromethane is 214.2 ° F. Nitromethane is soluble in water, as well as chemicals such as ethyl ether, ethanol, acetone, and carbon tetrachloride. Nitromethane is highly flammable and emits toxic vapors of nitrogen oxides upon combustion or decomposition. Nitromethane is classified as a toxic substance and human exposure to nitromethane affects the skin as well as the central nervous system, leading to skin irritation, dizziness, narcosis, breathing difficulty and nausea. Nitromethane is also considered to be a probable human carcinogen. Nitromethane also possesses explosive hazard and possesses higher energy than TNT. Nitromethane has velocity of detonation of 21,000 ft/sec. (6,400 mtr/sec), and does not require oxygen to combust. Hence nitromethane poses a far greater risk than other organic compounds under conditions of adiabatic compression. Nitromethane is thus required to be stored and handled by personnel who are well trained and sensitized to the hazards possessed by the compound. Nitromethane is classified as a hazard class 3 substance (Flammable Liquid) as per the regulations of the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) and the US Department of Transportation (DOT). The IATA’s Dangerous Goods Regulations prohibit the shipment or transportation of nitromethane using aircrafts. Nitromethane is manufactured using a reaction of propane and nitric acid. Nitric acid is used as a nitrating agent to carry out the nitration of propane in vapor-phase at high temperatures. This is an exothermic reaction and produces industrially important nitroalkane compounds such as nitromethane, 1-nitropropane, 2-nitropropane, and nitroethane.
Considering these aspects of the Nitromethane, the study of the trends and forecasts of the Nitromethane market becomes an important read.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Nitromethane Market: Dynamics
Nitromethane efficiently donates nitrogen, thus making it a functional molecule with high demand for the organic synthesis of pharmaceutical and agrochemical products. Nitromethane is also used in degreasing, dry cleaning and semiconductor processing applications, where it is utilized as a stabilizer of chlorinated solvent. Nitromethane is also used as a dissolving agent or solvent for acrylate monomers and finds application in the manufacture of adhesives. Nitromethane is also used as a fuel in high performance motorsports, such as drag racing, and even in rockets. Nitromethane requires significantly lower volume of air for combustion compared to gasoline, which allows more nitromethane fuel to be burnt per engine stroke (almost 9 times more than gasoline), thus producing high engine power. Nitromethane is used as a monopropellant given its low oxygen requirements for combustion. Even though nitromethane produces only around 25% of the combustion energy of gasoline, it provides high levels of instantaneous energy. Nitromethane also find application as a controlled explosive in various industries similar to TNT. Thus nitromethane is utilized across various industries and is a versatile compound with multiple application areas. The pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, along with the automotive sector, are projected to drive market demand for nitromethane
Nitromethane Market: Regional Outlook
Nitromethane market is projected to witness moderate demand growth mostly from the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, automotive and chemical sectors. Asia Pacific region is expected to be a prominent market for Nitromethane, with growing demand for agrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical products. The fast growing economies of Asia Pacific region will stimulate new demand for the nitromethane market. North America and Europe are significant markets too for Nitromethane, with steady demand and well developed industry structure. However, the health hazards posed by Nitromethane and the stringent regulations pertaining to its handling and use in these regions pose a concern and may play a restraining role. U.S., Germany, Norway, China, and U.K. are some of the key countries in the Nitromethane market.
Nitromethane: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified in the Nitromethane market include,
- ANGUS Chemical Company
- Aceto Corporation
- Greenchem Industries LLC
- Wego Chemical & Mineral Corp
- Linyi Yuanbo Chemical Co., Ltd
- Zibo Xinglu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Wujiang Bolin Industry Co., Ltd.
- JIGCHEM UNIVERSAL
- Antera Agro Chem
- CDH Fine Chemicals India
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Nitromethane market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Nitromethane market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Nitromethane Market Segments
- Nitromethane Market Dynamics
- Nitromethane Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Nitromethane Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nitromethane Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Nitromethane Market: Segmentation
On the basis of Product Grade, the Nitromethane market can be segmented as,
- 0.99 Grade
- >0.99 Grade
On the basis of Application, the Nitromethane market can be segmented as,
- Chemical Intermediate
- Fuel & Fuel Additive
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Nitromethane Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Nitromethane Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Nitromethane Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Nitromethane Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.