This Salatrim market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Salatrim market.
Salatrim Market Outlook
Salatrim is the acronym for short and long-chain acyl triglyceride molecules. It is a modified triacylglycerol that acts as a fat substitute due to its low calories than the actual fat sources used in the food products. The available calories from Salatrim are 55% of those present in normal fats. The salatrim contains fewer calories per gram than the other fats and contains no trans-fat. But consuming salatrim has been known to cause the same feeling of fullness as the consumption of other fats and also decreases hunger. Thus, salatrim has been proved to be useful for people suffering from obesity as well as any other weight-related problems due to its low absorption properties. It has gained popularity in recent times as obesity has become a major health problem worldwide.
The excessive consumption of salatrim is known to cause gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea, nausea etc. The consumption of salatrim has been prohibited by people suffering from liver disorders. Also, pregnant women are not allowed to consume salatrim – based products. The salatrim is partially or not at all absorbed by the body on its consumption. But the use of salatrim in food products has not been prohibited by any of the regulatory bodies.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Salatrim – A Low Calorie Fat Replacer Used in Various Food Products
The increasing overweight population has resulted in the demand for low-calorie food products increasing. The food processing manufacturers are carrying out research to manufacture food products that are low in fat and at the same time using natural ingredients to do so. Salatrim is one of the ingredients that has gained popularity among the food manufacturers for use in the food products at the same time retaining the taste. The consumer awareness about the labels has resulted in the food processing manufacturers paying attention to the ingredients that they add to the products. The salatrim being low calorie increases the value of the product due to the calorie being reduced. The main application of the salatrim is in the convenience foods such as snacks, frozen foods, bakery products etc. It is also extensively used in reduced fat baking chips that indicate that the total calories in these are very less.
Salatrim Market: Regional Analysis
The market for the low-calorie food products in the U.S. is the highest as two-thirds of its adult population is overweight. Thus, food manufacturers are continuing to launch products that are alternatives to high calorie food to cater to the growing trends of consumers. Also, the food manufacturers are using the salatrim in combination with other low-fat ingredients so as to not compromise on the taste and texture of the food products. The low-fat food products are also high in demand in the Asia Pacific and the MEA region but the penetration is still low among the consumers.
Salatrim was previously banned in the United Kingdom due to health concerns about it but it has been approved by the European Commission for use as a food ingredient in March 2017. This has resulted in the widespread production of salatrim in Europe. Also, the quantity in which the salatrim is to be used in the food products has a legal limit in most of the countries.
Salatrim Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants in the salatrim market are:
- FMC Corporation Ltd.
- PGP Internationals
- Advanced Food Systems Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ashland Inc.
- CP Kelco
- Cargill Inc.
- TIC Gums Inc.
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Penford Corporation Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the salatrim market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Salatrim Market Segments
- Salatrim Market Dynamics
- Salatrim Market Size
- Salatrim Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Salatrim Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Salatrim Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Salatrim
- Value Chain Analysis of the Salatrim Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Salatrim Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Salatrim Market: Segmentation
The salatrim market can be segmented on the basis of nature and end use.
On the basis of nature, the salatrim market can be segmented as:
On the basis of applications, the salatrim market can be segmented as:
- Convenience Food
- Dietary Food
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the salatrim market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the salatrim market
- Competitive landscape of the salatrim market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on salatrim market performance
- Must-have information for salatrim market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Salatrim Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Salatrim Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Salatrim Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Salatrim Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)