This Semi Trailer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Semi Trailer market.
Globally, on-road freight is extensively utilized source of transportation despite factors such as high GHS (Green House Consumption) and fuel consumption. Heavy duty tractor-trailers are one amongst prominent used transport vehicles for movement of goods across the globe.
Rising fuel prices and strict environment regulations have increased the demand for advanced trailer technologies among fleet owners. Fleet owners are gradually moving towards owning lighter semi-trailers which improve fuel efficiency, reduce operating costs, enhance fleet safety and expand asset connectivity and mobile resource productivity. Owing to a multitude of advantages such as these, advanced trailer technologies including telematics and safety systems have been anticipated to witness a significant demand.
Most of the manufacturers are shifting focus towards advanced chassis systems capable of handling extra weight. Furthermore, the semi-trailer market is also expected to receive a boost due to emission and fuel efficiency regulations in developed regions such as Europe and the U.S.
With the prevailing emission norms, end users are demanding innovative technologies at low prices. This trend is pushing fleet owners to extend the average life of semi-trailers, irrespective of their working condition; hence deferring them from purchasing new equipment. Attributing to these factors, there has been a decline in the demand for replacement. Fleet owners today seek advanced technology and equipment in line with the evolving demand for tractor trailers. Despite this, the freight transport industry and government have their commitment to ease traffic congestion and improve the road conditions for better transportation efficiency; therefore ensuring long term growth of the semi-trailer market.
Over the years, industries such as automotive, retail, construction logistics and trucking and others depend on the semi-trailer segment to transport their logistics. Semi-trailers are widely used in the retail and construction industry for daily transportation of goods and materials. Extensive popularity of the semi-trailer over the full trailer (with front and back axles) can be accredited to its efficient features, i.e. safe, and flexible scale of operations.
Recently,Finland based Ekeri developed a side opening design for a semi-trailer, which could save 30 minutes on each daily run. Similarly, Germany based Kässbohrer recently launched 18 new models of semi-trailers across four product groups in response to changing trends in the industry and to cater to the specific needs of their customers. Similarly, many manufacturers are innovating their semi-trailers so as to comply with stringent norms and maximize efficiency.
Semi-Trailer Market: Dynamics
There is an increase in demand from industries such as construction, retail, automotive and food & beverage to transport bulk material; which is, in turn, snowballing demand for the semi-trailer market. Based on current trends and anticipating future needs, manufacturers are seeking to reduce weight in semi-trailers. Prominent market players can use this as an opportunity to sustain their position in the semi-trailer market. Furthermore, burgeoning manufacturing activities in developing and developed regions are forecasted to foster the growth of the semi-trailer market in the future. However, pressure on manufacturers to maintain competitive pricing, along with the lack of proper infrastructure in emerging regions have been anticipated to restrain growth of the semi-trailer market.
Semi-Trailer: Market Participants
Examples of some market participants in the global semi-trailer market identified across the value chain include:
- Wabash National
- Great Dane
- Hebei Shunjie etc
- Fahrzeugwerk Bernard Krone
- Schmitz Cargobull
- Liangshan Huayu
- Utility Trailer
- Lamberet SAS
Others players include Hyundai Translead, Vanguard National Trailer Corp , Stoughton Trailers LLC, MANAC, Timpte Inc , MAC Trailer Manufacturing, Strick Corporation, Heil Trailer International, Co., Con-way Manufacturing, Polar Tank Trailer, Pitts Enterprises, East Manufacturing Company, Trail King Industries, Doepker Industries, Fontaine Trailer Company and Reitnouer Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Semi Trailer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Semi-Trailer Market: Segmentation
Broadly, the global semi-trailer market can be segmented by type into:
- Dry Van
On the basis of tonnage, the global semi-trailer market can be segmented into:
- <25 tons
- 25 to 50 tons
- 50 to 100 tons
- >100 tons
On the basis of number of axles, the global semi-trailer market can be segmented into:
- <3 axles
- 3 to 4 axles
- >4 axles
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Semi Trailer Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Semi Trailer Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Semi Trailer Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Semi Trailer Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.