This Solketal market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Solketal market.
Global Solketal Market: Introduction
Solketal is also known as isopropylidene glycerin. Solketal is categorized under glycerin and glycerin derivative and has significant potential to be used as additive to improve biodiesel properties. By IUPAC standards, solketal is identified as 4-hydroxymethyl-2,2-dimethyl-1,3-dioxolane. Solketal is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid, and possess good fluidity at room temperature. Solketal has been widely used for the organic synthesis of mono, di and tri esters and recognized as a green industrial solvent additive in gasoline and biofuels. Solketal is formed by reacting glycerol and acetone in the presence of an acid which results in the formation of a five membered ring called 1,3-dioxolane, which releases the water molecule to form solketal. There has been rise in demand for solketal as oxygenate fuel additive, as it can be used to reduce the particulate emission and improve the flow properties of the transportation fuels. Solketal has also shown noteworthy demand to improve the oxygen stability and increases the octane number of gasoline and has significantly reduced the gum formation along the vehicle fuel lining.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Solketal Market Dynamics
The growing demand for biofuels and biodiesel is expected to create demand for solketal over the forthcoming years. Solketal is found to be soluble in gasoline and also in gasoline with significant proportion of ethanol. Solketal is also being used to increase the octane number of the fuels. The global solketal market has also witnessed growing demand for its use as chemical intermediate to synthesize benzyl solketal ether. With the stringent regulations pertaining to the use of bio fuels and additives, there has been an expected rise in demand for solketal over the coming years.
The global solketal market has faced a number of challenges pertaining to the use of acetone in its synthesis. Though solketal is applied in a number of applications as biofuels, there are controversies surrounding its other constituent i.e. acetone. Glycerol is majorly derived from biological origin but the other feedstock i.e. acetone is being commercially obtained from the petrochemical processes. This may act as a key in factor restraining solketal market growth.
Global Solketal Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of regional perspective, Europe and North America are anticipated to represent significant market share in the global solketal market. This is attributed to the increasing stringent regulations pertaining to the use of biofuels across a range of applications. Asia Pacific is anticipated to register steady rise in demand over the second half of the forecast period. China is anticipated to be a major consumer for solketal in the Asia Pacific regions. Other regions such as Latin America and Middle East and Africa are anticipated to be regions with low volume share but are projected to witness robust rise in demand over the forecast period.
The ketalization of glycerol and acetone yields cyclic ether known as Solketal. The global solketal market manufacturers are in lining up and channelizing their efforts for the production of bio based solketal to improve the efficiency and to meet the stringent regulations pertaining to the use of additives. Moreover, there has been increase in production of high purity grade of solketal for its use in pharmaceutical and food industry
Global Solketal Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of global solketal market are:
- GLACONCHEMIE GmbH
- Sigma Aldrich (Laboratory Grade)
- Fisher Scientific
- Loba Feinchemie AG
- TCI EUROPE N.V.
- Alfa Aesar
- CM Fine Chemical
- Abcr GmbH
- Suzhou Jinghua Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Yancheng Jinghua Chemical Co., Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the solketal market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to solketal market segments such as application, purity, and end use industry
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Solketal Market Segments
- Solketal Market Dynamics
- Solketal Market Size
- Solketal Volume Sales
- Solketal Adoption Rate
- Solketal Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Solketal Competition & Companies involved
- Solketal Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia)
- South Asia (India, ASEAN)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Solketal market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Solketal Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Solketal Market: Segmentation
The global solketal market can be segmented on the basis of application, purity, and end use industry
Based on the purity, the global solketal market can be segmented into,
Based on the application, the global solketal market can be segmented into,
- Pharmaceutical intermediate
Based on the end use industry, the global solketal market can be segmented into,
- Cosmetics and personal care
- Food and beverage industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Paints and coatings
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Solketal market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on solketal market performance
- Must-have information for solketal market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Solketal Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Solketal Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Solketal Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Solketal Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.