This Steviol Glycoside market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Steviol Glycoside market.
Steviol Glycoside Gaining Significance as Sugar Substitutes
Steviol glycoside is a Chemical compound that imparts a sweet taste to the leaves of the plant Stevia rebaudiana a native South American plant and forms the main basic component of a variety of sweeteners sold under the generic name stevia and other various trade names. They naturally occur in related species like Stevia phlebophylla and the plant Rubus.Chingii (Rosaceae). Chemical compounds react with the bitter and sweet receptors leading to a bitter taste after consumption. The sweet compounds are called steviol glycoside and is approximately 30 and 320 times sweeter than sucrose. They are stable in heat, pH-stable, do not ferment, when ingested they do not induce a glycemic response, therefore, making them good options as sugar substitutes for people suffering from diabetes and other people who require controlling the carbohydrates in their diet. The maximum daily intake for steviol glycoside, also known as steviol equivalents, is approximately 4 mg/kg as per the body weight per day.
Demand for Artificial Sweeteners from Food Manufacturers to Drive the Growth of the Steviol Glycoside Market
The steviol glycoside market has improved performance due to the large demand for artificial sweeteners. It's a safe option for diabetes patients. The increasing demands from food manufacturers, such as fruit and milk based drinks, hot fluidity, yoghurts and delicacies in terms of artificial sweeteners drives the steviol glycoside market. This helps in retaining the sweetness for longer than sugar. Steviol glycoside is highly in high demand in the market since the consumer is more inclined towards safe and quick intake of food chemicals or ingredients.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The various factors that can restrain the growth of the steviol glycoside market are that it cannot be used a sugar substitute for children. People allergic to steviol glycoside require to be avoid the consumption. In some cases, steviol can cause a severe allergic reaction called anaphylaxis, however this occurs rarely. Symptoms of allergic reactions are, hives dizziness, wheezing, shortness of breath, general weakness or having a hard time swallowing shortly after consuming steviol glycoside.
Regional Analysis of the Steviol Glycoside Market: APEJ to Showcase Significant Growth during the Forecast Period
The global steviol glycoside market is segregated into seven regions, namely North America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Latin America, Eastern Europe, Japan, Western Europe, and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). The food industry is performing in a dynamic manner on a global level, where food manufacturers and suppliers are evolving and working closely to meets the wide range of consumers demands. The steviol glycoside market in North America and Europe is declining. The consumption of sweeteners is going down in developed economies due to the slowdown in the consumption of soft-drink consumption.
The growing consumption in emerging markets with regards to products of daily consumption has given a boost to industries such as cosmetics, food and beverage, FMCG, etc. which can lead to the growth in demand for steviol glycoside. Preparing food freshly on a regularly is also difficult due to busy schedules due to long working hours. The retailers these days keep knowledge on purchase habits and preferences of the consumers which are transmitted to the manufacturers in the supply chain. This flow of information from retailers to the manufacturers fosters the demand growth of steviol glycoside, since it a raw material for food manufactures. Thus, the manufacturer has to strategize their business through the regional shift in the eating habits, consumer insights and responses, and penetration of modernizing food products such as fast food, etc. The APEJ steviol glycoside market is expected to grow at healthy CAGR during the period of forecast, owing to the growth in end-use industry such as pharmaceutical food and personal care.
Players Contributing to the Global Steviol Glycoside Market
The prominent players in the Steviol glycoside market are:
- GL Stevia
- Sunrise Nutrachem Group
The research report on Steviol glycoside market presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report on Steviol glycoside market provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report on Steviol glycoside market covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Steviol glycoside market Segments
- Steviol glycoside market Dynamics
- Steviol glycoside market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America Steviol glycoside market (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America Steviol glycoside market (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe Steviol glycoside market (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe Steviol glycoside market (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan Steviol glycoside market (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Japan Steviol glycoside market
- Middle East and Africa Steviol glycoside market (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report on Steviol glycoside market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report on Steviol glycoside market provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various Steviol glycoside market factors on market segments and geographies.?
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Steviol Glycoside Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Fragmentation of the Steviol Glycoside Market
On the basis of the end-use industry, steviol glycoside market can be segmented as follows:-
- Personal Care
- Canned Foods
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Steviol Glycoside Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Steviol Glycoside Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Steviol Glycoside Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Steviol Glycoside Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.