This Sulphonamides market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sulphonamides market.
Sulfonamides are organic sulfur compounds that contain the radical SO2NH2 (the amide of sulfonic acid), which are also known as sulfa drugs or sulpha drugs. These are first anti-microbial drugs developed to treat bacterial infections in humans and animals. Sulfonamides interfere in folic acid synthesis process in bacterial cell by competitive inhibition of dihydropteroate synthetase (DHPS) enzyme competing with para amino benzoic acid (PABA). Folic acid is a precursor of ribonucleic acid (RNA) and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) formation in bacterial cell. Sulfonamides limits the growth of bacteria and thus sulfonamides act as bacteriostatic agents. A few sulfonamides are highly water-soluble such as sulfisoxazole (sulfafurazole) and sulfasomidine, which are rapidly excreted through the urinary tract (more than 90% in 24 hr) mostly in an unchanged drug form; due to this pharmacokinetic property these sulfonamides are primarily used to treat urinary tract infections (UTI’s). In addition, some of the sulfonamide derivatives, such as sulfaguanidine, are insoluble in nature thus they are not absorbed from the gastro intestinal (GI) tract (less than 5%), therefore, these sulphonamides are used for treatment of ulcerative colitis. Bayer AG was the first company who started experimenting with Prontosil in 1932. Many people are allergic to sulfa drugs and thus sulfonamides are prescribed with caution. Sulfonamides have potential to cause fatal side effects including urinary tract disorders, haemopoietic disorders, hyper sensitivity reactions and porphyria. Most serious side effects include toxic epidermal necrosis, hemolytic anemia, agranulocytosis, fulminant hepatic necrosis, thrombocytopenia and Stevens Johnson syndrome.
Based on type of administration, global sulfonamide market is classified as follows:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Topical Agents (Silver sulfadiazine, sulfacetamide, mafenide)
Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases worldwide and the substantial availability of various sulfonamide drug formulations at reasonable price to meet the ever-growing demand are the major factors contributing to the growth of the global sulfonamides market. In addition, increasing R&D activities in pharmaceutical companies is resulting in novel and improved classes of sulfonamides with improved therapeutic activity is another major driver, fueling the global sulfonamides market growth over the forecast period. However, increasing side effects associated with the use of sulfa drugs such as urinary tract disorders, kernicterus and hypersensitivity and increasing use of broad spectrum antibiotics with lesser side effects such as quinolones, macrolides are expected to restrain the growth of global sulfonamides market.
Geographically global sulfonamides market has been segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific & Japan, Middle East Africa regions. North America region has been estimated as most dominant region in the global sulfonamides market owing to presence of harmonized regulatory structure, high rates of awareness regarding sulpha drugs and its therapeutic uses, and highly developed healthcare infrastructure. Asia-Pacific & Japan is a lucrative market for global sulfonamides. Countries in the Asia Pacific regions include, greater China and India together account for largest population pool in the world and thereby have large pool of geriatric population in addition to rapidly increasing medical tourism industry and increasing healthcare spending are some of the factors that are expected to fuel the growth of sulfonamides market in the region.
Some of the key companies contributing to global sulfonamides market are Abbott Laboratories, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bayer AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, King Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Novartis International AG, Pfizer, Inc., Par Pharmaceutical, Inc., Roche Holding AG, Sanofi Aventis, Stiefel Laboratories, Inc., and Teva Pharmaceuticals,.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology, material and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sulphonamides Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on type of therapeutic use, global sulfonamide market is classified as follows:
- Skin Infections
- Gastro Intestinal Tract (GIT) Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Infection
- Respiratory Tract Infection (RTI)
- Bowel Disinfections
The report covers exhaustiveanalysis on:
- Sulfonamides Market Segments
- Sulfonamides Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- Sulfonamides Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand
- Sulfonamides Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Sulfonamides Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size
- Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Sulphonamides Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Sulphonamides Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Sulphonamides Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Sulphonamides Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)