This Thickness Planer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thickness Planer market.
The market for Thickness Planers is projected to witness robust growth owing to increasing popularity of portable bench-top models
Thickness Planers Market: Definition and Introduction
Thickness Planers refer to a machine used in woodworking to impart consistent thickness levels to raw wood boards. Thickness Planers produce the desired thickness levels and provides accurate flatness to both surface sides of a wooden board. Thickness Planers are used to obtain smooth surfaces, reduce thickness variations while trimming boards, and make both sides of the board parallel. In the past, Thickness Planer used to come in the form of large industrial machines, which made them expensive for small scale personal or Do-It-Yourself (DIY) works. The huge size of that type of Thickness Planers also required nothing less than a workshop to complete the required woodwork. However, the advent of portable Thickness Planers, also known as a bench-top Thickness Planers, have changed the landscape and scope of application of thickness planers. Apart from surface finishing of rough-swan wood, thickness planers are also used to do other woodworks such as jointing wide boards, machining chamfers, and creating tapers. Thickness planers produces smooth wooden surfaces by shaving or trimming off a narrow layer from the wooden board with the help of its rotating blades. The volume of wooden material to be shaved off can be set by the operator by choosing different settings that vary the cutter-head’s height. The key parts of thickness planers are in-feed rollers, the cuter-head (which contains the blades), out-feed rollers, and the table top. Thickness planers are also commonly known as planers, planer-thicknesseers or simple thicknessers across different regions of the world.
Considering these aspects of the Thickness Planers, the study of the trends and forecasts of the Thickness Planers market becomes an important read.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Thickness Planers Market: Dynamics
Thickness Planers are essential woodworking machines for factories that produce finished boards from raw lumber and also for individual and commercial woodworkers. Raw lumber has rough surfaces, uneven thickness and lack the finishing required to make boards and sheets that are actually used for making wooden end products such as furniture. Industrial level, heavy duty thickness planers are used in factories to smoothen surfaces, bring about standardized thickness and impart required finishing to the surfaces to make the wooden boards ready for proper end use. With the availability of bench-top thickness planers, there has been a massive surge in demand from small scale wood-workers and DIY enthusiasts. Bench-top thickness planers allow such users to purchase rough-sawn lumber and gain significant cost savings instead of purchasing finished boards from factories. Moreover, bench-top thickness planers allow greater control over product finishing and wider customization options as per individual needs and project or household requirements. With costs ranging in the few hundreds of dollars, bench-top thickness planers are also affordable, apart from being of high quality and efficient in their output. Thus the growing popularity of bench-top models is a key factor in the market growth of thickness planers.
Thickness Planers Market: Regional Outlook
North America and Europe are significant markets for thickness planers, with steady demand for heavy duty industrial models for factories and high popularity of the bench-top models. North America is home to companies that are technology leaders, especially in the bench-top thickness planers market, and offer machines that are low cost, reliable and have latest technology. Asia Pacific is also a key market for thickness planers, with demand mostly driven by industrial thickness planers. Bench-top thickness planers are not high on popularity in the region because of the comparatively lower levels of DIY end users. Moreover, in many of the developing countries, woodworking is still dominated by labor intensive methods instead of mechanized equipment. The USA, Canada, UK, Germany and China are some of the key country level markets for Thickness Planers.
Thickness Planers Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified in the Thickness Planers market include,
- Black & Decker Inc. (DeWalt)
- WEN Products
- Makita Corporation
- Delta Power Equipment Corporation
- Grizzly Industrial®, Inc.
- Cutech Tool LLC
- Porter-Cable Corporation
- General International
- King Canada Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Thickness Planers market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Thickness Planers market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Thickness Planers Market Segments
- Thickness Planers Market Dynamics
- Thickness Planers Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thickness Planer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Thickness Planers Market: Segmentation
On the basis of Type, the Thickness Planers market can be segmented as,
- Handheld Thickness Planers
- Bench-top Thickness Planers
- Heavy Duty Thickness Planers
On the basis of Input Width, the Thickness Planers market can be segmented as,
- Less Than 15 inches
- More than 15 inches
On the basis of End User, the Thickness Planers market can be segmented as,
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Thickness Planer Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Thickness Planer Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Thickness Planer Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Thickness Planer Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.