This Vehicle Grid market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Vehicle Grid market.
Vehicle-to-grid is a technology, which enables electric vehicles to be charged by connecting to the grid installed in different bases. The stored charge or power in the electric vehicles can be used for driving the car as well as it can be utilized for running the electric systems at offices and houses during power failure. The power stored within the electric vehicles through grid are capable of lighting the houses and offices. The power generated from various sources is distributed through the grid installed at houses or parking lots. The basic requirements for vehicle to grid are power connection, communication system and a metering system. The vehicle to grid systems helps in managing the loads generated and equally distributing it. However, the vehicle to grid being a new technology in the market, it is still in the pilot phase and it has not been fully commercialized. The adoption of this technology is limited to some of the developed regions such as the North America, Japan and Europe market. The global market for vehicle to grid will have a slow growth over the forecast period registering a single digit CAGR.
Global Vehicle-To-Grid Market: Drivers & Restraints
The global vehicle to grid market is primarily driven by the demand for environmental friendly power sources for vehicles and household purposes. The penetration of electric vehicles is attributed to the growth of vehicle to grid market. With the high power storage capacity batteries of electric vehicles the electric vehicles acts as a power storage facility which can be used in case of any electric power failure. Moreover, the vehicle-to-grid technology eliminates the traditional non-renewable source of energy such as petroleum and thermal power thus reducing the emissions. The electric vehicle owners can sell the electricity to utilities during a power failure. However, there are some challenges attributed to the vehicle to grid technology, which might restrain the global market for vehicle to grid. For instance, the vehicle to grid requires the coordination of electric vehicles at the utility center to use as a single storage device, which makes it hard to unplug any vehicle when needed during the course of charging.
Global Vehicle-To-Grid Market: Regional Outlook
Based on the geographic regions, global automotive seating systems marketing market is segmented into seven key market segments namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. Among the aforementioned regions, North America market for the vehicle-to-grid market over the forecast period. The vehicle to grid technology is widely adapted in the region as the penetration of EV’s and PEV’s in the region are high as per the data released by the United States Energy Department. The Western European market and the Japan market for the vehicle to grid is followed by the North America market where the initial implementation of the technology has shown effective results. According to the OECD (Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development), the increasing penetration of EV’s and PEV’s in China will provide opportunities for the vehicle to grid models in the region.
Some of the major players identified in the global vehicle to grid market includes, AC Propulsion, IncEdison International., DENSO CORPORATION., Boulder Electric Vehicle, and Nissan among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Vehicle Grid Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Vehicle-To-Grid Market: Market Segmentation
Based on vehicle type, the global vehicle to grid market can be segmented into:
- EV’s (Electric Vehicles)
- PEV’s (Plug in Electric Vehicles)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Vehicle Grid Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Vehicle Grid Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Vehicle Grid Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Vehicle Grid Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.