This Wood Charcoal market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Wood Charcoal market.
Charcoal is one of the earliest fuel found by humans. It was also used for writing and drawing during that time. Charcoal was extensively used in industries in blast furnaces and bloomeries for metal processing which was then later replaced by other fuels such as coke, gas, etc. during the industrial revolution in nineteenth century. The charcoal has now shrunk in usage wherein the applications are limited to few household applications and industrial is rare.
There are variety of charcoal available in the market made through various organic source such as peat, coal, wood, coconut shell, or petroleum. The wood charcoal is produced by heating wood logs or piece in the absence of oxygen in airtight chambers, or in kilns supplied with controlled amounts of air. The wood charcoal is considered to be a good fuel as compared to wood as it has relatively high calorific value and low ignition temperature. Low water or moisture content in charcoal makes it comparatively lighter than wood and less smoky when burnt.
Owing to porous surface and high affinity to absorb liquids and gases, the wood charcoal is finding new applications in filters, gas masks, deodorizers, antigastric drugs and several others. Also, the wood charcoal getting high popularities for producing activated carbon, decolorizing agent and in production of chemicals such as carbon disulfide, sodium cyanide, carbon tetrachloride, among others. Moreover, wood charcoal is also used in production of gun powder as it’s a mixture of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
A Good quality charcoal burns with less emission and can give a heat value of about 13,000 BTU/lb which is around 150% greater than that of equivalent weight of dry wood. Along with that it has low average ash content - 2% to 3% by weight, which makes charcoal desirable for domestic fuel. Only traces of sulfur and phosphorous are found in charcoal.
Wood charcoal is extensively used in home and outdoor recreational cooking and production will continue to expand as this use increases. The charcoal cooked food leaves a specific essence to the food which is not getting prominence in variety of hotels and restaurants as marketing strategy to attract customers. Growing demands for wood charcoal has stimulated interest in the manufactures and dragging new entrants in the market. The wood charcoal business can be initiated with little investment in kilns which ranges around US$ 100 to US$ 500 and further small investment in warehouse, mechanical setup, wood and labour.
However as the wood charcoal is obtained through trees and promotion of which may result into high rate of deforestation. Moreover, slow pyrolysis or drying of the wood to make charcoal requires slow heating which requires additional fuel or electric power to run kiln. This contributes to the overall price of coal making it relatively costlier. Growing environmental concerns, depletion of resources and legislations pertaining to limit the emissions are some other factors impacting growth of global wood charcoal market.
The Wood Charcoals can be segmented into various categories based on sources and End-User.
Owing to limited uses and restriction from governments, the global wood charcoal market is anticipated to remain stagnant over the forecast period. The wood charcoal is finding new applications in industries not as fuel but as a product additive. In geographical aspects North America has been one of the largest market for the wood charcoal followed by Asia, Latin America and Africa. Europe and Japan on other hand has limited production of the wood products. At country level, top exporters of Wood Charcoal are Indonesia), China, Poland, Mexico and Belgium. While the top importers are Japan followed by South Korea, Germany, U.S and France.
The global wood charcoals market is highly unorganized and involve participation of large number of small players active locally. A large share of wood charcoal market in under developed countries is driven by local manufactures most of which are unregistered and performs only in the local market. Some of the players involved in the production of wood charcoal are JACOBI CARBONS GROUP, Hancock Timber Resource Group, Haycarb PLC, Active Char Products Pvt.Ltd (ACPL) among others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Wood Charcoal Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Wood Charcoal Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Wood Charcoal Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Wood Charcoal Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Wood Charcoal Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.