This Abrasives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Abrasives market.
Abrasive are the most used materials across the various industries for cleaning the hard surface, grinding and polishing. An abrasive helps to provide surface finish and shape for the material.Abrasives are mineral like materials available in different sizes, shapes and sizes depending upon the need. They are used to clean, abrade, scour, grind and remove solid materials by the action of rubbing. Two kinds of abrasives are available in global abrasives market as synthetic and natural. Most of the natural abrasives have been replaced by synthetic abrasives in the abrasives market due to their consistent properties as required in industrial applications. Apart from natural diamond most of the abrasives are variable with their properties. One of the basic properties an abrasive must possess is hardness and that it must be harder than the material to which is polished, grinded or removed.
Abrasives market covers wide variety of materials used on large scale in various industries such as transportation, metal fabrication, machinery and electronic equipment. General application of abrasive material includes grinding, tumbling media, cutting wheels, tool sharpening and metal cleaning. Some of the high-end industrial application of abrasives material market are peening, de-flashing, paint stripping, blast cleaning and de-burring.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Additionally, trends in global abrasives market such as use of abrasives in blast cleaning and water jet cutting technology in industrial applications for achieving faster and efficient operation is increasing significantly.
On the basis of product type, global abrasives market is segmented as coated abrasives, steel abrasives, loose abrasive grains, raw super abrasives, bonded abrasives and others. As of 2013, amongst the product type segments bonded abrasives segment is predominant in terms of market share followed by coated abrasives and loose abrasive grains.
The bonded abrasives market segment market is expected to maintain its dominant position during the forecast period. Whereas, in terms of revenue; super abrasives is the fastest growing segment in global abrasives market with a double digit CAGR.
Due to rising demand of loose abrasive grains from abrasive product manufacturers, the loose grain segment is estimated to record strong growth during the forecast period in the abrasives market. As of 2013, use of abrasives in machinery is the predominant industry for abrasives. This is followed by metal fabrication, transportation and electronic equipment. However, industries such as transportation and electronic equipment are estimated to record robust growth due to higher demand for automobiles and electronic appliances. Apart from this use of abrasives in construction, cleaning, maintenance, power generation and medical devices are expected to rise significantly in the coming years thus driving demand in global abrasives market.
E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Robert Bosch GmbH, Cabot Microelectronics Corporation, Saint Gobain S.A, Tyrolit Schleifmittelewerke Swaroski K.G, Fugimi Incorporated, and Jason Incorporated are few of major players in abrasivesmarket. The market of abrasive is fragmented with large number of global and local players. Mergers and acquisitions, collaborations and new product launch are some of the major strategies adopted by key market players. Apart from this, innovation and new product development are major focus areas for dominant companies.
Advancement in technology, increase in overall trade and transportation globally will fuel the abrasives market to a large extent, especially in emerging economies of India and China.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the abrasives market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Abrasives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Abrasives Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Abrasives Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Abrasives Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Abrasives Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.