This Anorexiants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Anorexiants market.
Anorexiants: Market Insights
Obesity is a chronic condition which develops due to interaction between the environment and person genetic makeup. Obesity is a medical conditions that develops when a person gains excess weight or body fat that may affect the health of the individual. Anorexiants are used to treat obesity. Anorexiants suppress the appetite control and increases the basal metabolic rate of the individual. Anorexiants also enhance the cellular uptake of glucose and also it reduces the dietary fat absorption. According to World Health Organizations statistics report, it was estimated that more than 1.9 billion adults of aged 18 years and older were found to be overweight out of which 650 million adults were obese in 2016. In addition to these, an estimate of 41 million children under the age of 5 years were found to be obese in 2016. Anorexiants is the sole option for the treatment of obesity. Thus with the increasing obese population, the anorexiants market is likely to stimulate the growth of the market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Anorexiants: Market Dynamics
Anorexiants is expected to register significant growth in the market due to its effectiveness in treatment of obesity. Anorexiants are useful in the weight loss, in reducing calorie diet specially in patients who have initial body mass index of 30 or more. Since, anorexiants are used to managed obesity, it is expected to foster the growth of the market. However, anorexiants have certain limitation. Anorexiants may lead to various side effects such as insomnia, increase in blood pressure, restlessness, dependence on drug etc. may affect the anorexiants market. In addition to this, due to long term use of anorexiants, patients get addicted to these drugs which may cause health effects in later stage.
Anorexiants Market: Overview
Anorexiants market is expected to manifest substantial revenue generation in coming years due to rising prevalence of obesity worldwide. Orlistat, lorcaserinER, liraglutide, naltrexone/bupropion ER, lorcaserin, phentermine/topiramate ER are some of the anorexiants drugs used for the management of obesity. Many drugs have been approved by FDA for the treatment of obesity which as a result the anorexiants market is likely to foster growth in the coming years. According to a report statistics published by Centers for Disease Control and Prevalence, the prevalence of obesity was estimated to be 39.8% in United States affecting 93.3 million people. Thus with increasing prevalence and incidence of weight gain and obesity, the global anorexiants will spur the growth of the market.
Anorexiants Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global anorexiants market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to hold the largest share in the anorexiants market due to increase in prevalence of obesity and high adoption of new drugs. In addition to this, increase in healthcare facilities and advancement in technologies has contributed substantial share to the anorexiants market. Europe is likely to contribute significant share in the anorexiants market owing to increase in launch of new drugs in the market and easy approval of drugs which as a result the anorexiants market is expected to have growth in the anorexiants market. Asia Pacific is also shown to have potential in the anorexiants market due to rising demand of new treatment options and also increasing incidences of weight gain leading to obesity which as a result will stimulate the growth of the anorexiants market. Middle East and Africa have less contribution in increasing the revenue of the anorexiants market due to lack of poor healthcare facilities and less adoption of new drugs and also lack of awareness among people is likely to hamper the growth of the anorexiants market.
Anorexiants Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present across the value chain of the global anorexiants market are Akrimax Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Janssen Ortho, LLC, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Novo Nordisk A/S, Abbott Pharmaceuticals PR Ltd., Epic Pharma, LLC. Patheon Pharmaceuticals Inc. Catalent Pharma Solutions, LLC, Recordati Rare Diseases Inc., MOVA Pharmaceuticals.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Anorexiants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Anorexiants Market: Segmentation
The global anorexiants market is segmented by drug class, route of administration and end user.
Segmentation by Drug Class
- Catecholamines Anorexiants
- Serotonin Anorexiants
Segmentation by Route of Administration
Segmentation by End User
- Institutional sales
- Retail sales
- Online pharmacies
- Mail Order Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Anorexiants Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Anorexiants Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Anorexiants Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Anorexiants Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)