This Atrial Appendage Occluder market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Atrial Appendage Occluder market.
Atrial appendage, better described as left atrial appendage (LAA) is an ear shaped pouch present in the top left chamber of the human heart (Left Atrium). The functional significance of this structure is unknown. In patients living with arrhythmic cardiovascular conditions such as atrial fibrillation, blood accumulates in the left atrial appendage and can cause clotting of blood. The blood clots can cause fatal stroke when pumped into the blood vessels. Along with oral anticoagulants, occlusion of LAA by an occluder is an alternative approach to protect cardiovascular patients from strokes and other complications. Atrial appendage occlude is thus a kind of plug which permanently closes the appendage. According to a study published in the journal, Clinical Medical Insights: Cardiology, atrial fibrillation affects around 2 percent of the global population and the prevalence of the disease is expected to increase five-times over the next four decades, especially in the United States, owing to the expanding elderly population base.
Atrial Appendage Occluder Market: Drivers and Restraints
The key contributor to the growth of global Atrial Appendage Occluder market is rising number of cardiovascular patients diagnosed with thromboembolism, atrial fibrillation across the globe. Sedentary life style and the associated diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and hypertension will create a need for such devices, paving the path for the market growth. However, restricted use of LAA occluder only for individuals with a high stroke risk and a high risk of bleeding while on anticoagulant therapy can restrain the market growth. Moreover, complications associated with the implantation and removal of the device such as tissue erosion, which can create a need for open heart surgery, may act as limiting factor for the growth of the market. Unfavourable policies related with endocardial LAA closure have also restricted the market growth.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Atrial Appendage Occluder Market: Overview
Global atrial appendage occluder market is highly consolidated with a very few number of players. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 15 million strokes occur across the globe annually. In 2010, the United States disbursed around USD 53.9 billion over health care services, medications and missed days of work associated with cardiac stroke. Around 87% strokes are ischemic, which occur when blood supply to brain is impaired. Stroke comes at the third place when leading cause of death are talked about and it is No. 1 cause of long-term disability as well. Atrial fibrillation gives rise to approximately 20% of ischemic strokes.
Atrial Appendage Occluder Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, Atrial Appendage Occluder Market is segmented into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is leading the overall market due to large population pool of elderly people. The European atrial appendage occluder market is projected to grow as more than 6 million Europeans are presently living with arrhythmia, and the number is expected to be double over next 50 years, according to an article published in the journal Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal. A study has reported that Europeans race has a higher risk of atrial fibrillation as compared with other races. Moreover, the number of people with cardiovascular conditions are expected to increase in the developed countries because of the sedentary life style which will lead the market growth in future. Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at a rapid pace due to the largest populations in the region that account for the highest numbers of deaths from stroke, according to a research study published in the journal Value in Health Regional Issues.
Atrial Appendage Occluder Market: Key Players
The key players in the global Atrial Appendage Occluder Market include Appriva Medical Inc., Boston Scientific, St. Jude Medical, SentreHEART Inc, pfm medical ag., Occlutech, W. L. Gore & Associates, Coherex Medical, Inc., Cardia, Inc. and AtriCure, Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and grades.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Atrial Appendage Occluder Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Atrial Appendage Occluder Market: Segmentation
Global Atrial Appendage Occluder Market has been segmented on the basis of Indication, end user and region.
Based on the type of indication, the global Atrial Appendage Occluder Market is segmented into:
- Non-valvular Atrial Fibrillation
Based on procedure of positioning of the device, the global Atrial Appendage Occluder Market is segmented into:
Based on the end user, the global Atrial Appendage Occluder Market is segmented into the following:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Atrial Appendage Occluder Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Atrial Appendage Occluder Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Atrial Appendage Occluder Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Atrial Appendage Occluder Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)