Backflow Preventers: Increasing Concerns Regarding Drinking Water Quality
A backflow prevention device helps avoid undesirable reversal of the flow of a source of contamination into a potable water system. Backflow preventers find important application in protecting a drinking water network against any risk of pollution due to possible backflow of contaminated fluid. Increasing concerns regarding the health and liability risks related to contaminated drinking water is estimated to be the key factor driving the growth of the global backflow preventers market during the forecast period.
Backflow Preventers Market - Key Research Findings
- Global backflow preventers market size in 2018 – nearly US$ 350 Mn.
- The backflow preventers market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 3.5% over 2019-2029.
- Europe and North America are expected to remain prominent regional markets in the backflow preventers market.
- Europe and North America are the leading regions in the backflow preventers market, owing to several plumbing codes in these regions that mandate the use of backflow prevention devices at all cross-connections to protect potable water against backflow.
- Distribution and marketing synergies between companies are expected to exploit backflow preventers market growth prospects.
- Major players in the backflow preventers market such as Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, Zurn Industries LLC, etc., are employing synergistic methods of co-marketing and co-promotion their products with other companies. These synergies between partners are presenting an instant growth impact as compared to acquisitions and mergers. In 2018, Honeywell International completed acquisitions worth around US$ 500 Mn of Transnorm and Ortloff Engineers, Ltd.
- The reduced pressure zones segment is expected to remain the most preferred product type segment in the backflow preventers market.
- The growth of this segment can be primarily attributed to the increasing popularity of the reduced pressure zones segment over the double check valve assemblies segment. Reduced pressure zones turn out to be the most efficient and reliable equipment in high pressure situations.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Backflow Preventers Market
Launch of New Products and Distribution Agreements are the Major Trends in the Backflow Preventers Market
Key market players such as Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, and Zurn Industries LLC are focusing on the expansion of their backflow preventers product portfolios through distribution agreements and the launching of new products. For example-
- In 2019, Emerson Electric Co. invested US$ 49 Mn in its new global headquarters in Brookfield, for upgrading its manufacturing technologies.
- In October 2018, Zurn Industries, LLC. expanded its fire protection line segment with the addition of new products, ranging from Zurn Wilkins backflow and ACVs to fire valves.
Rising Number of Waste Treatment Plants Leading to the Rising Demand for Backflow Preventers
There are around 10,000 wastewater treatment facilities in Germany that treat around 10.1 billion cubic meters of wastewater, annually. In France, there are more than 15,000 water treatment and 17,000 wastewater treatment plants in operation. European water services invest approximately €45 billion in water infrastructure, annually. The total length of the drinking water network in Europe is estimated to be around 4.2 million kilometers. With respect to wastewater treatment, the total length of the sewer network is around 3 million kilometers. Growing investments in water and wastewater treatment facilities in the continent are estimated to drive the growth of the Germany and France backflow preventers markets during the forecast period.
Surging Residential Construction Projects to Propel the Growth of the Backflow Preventers Market Over the Forecast Period
The mandatory use of backflow prevention devices with annual checks for maintenance for residential applications is one of the key factors fueling the demand for backflow preventers.
Backflow Preventers Market Structure Analysis
- The global backflow preventers market is a fairly consolidated market, with top 10 global players accounting for more than half of the total market share.
- Some of the prominent companies in the backflow preventers market include Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, Zurn Industries LLC, TALIS Management Holding GmbH, EnviroFALK GmbH, Conbraco Industries Inc. Caleffi S.p.a. Hans Sasserath GmbH & Co. KG Gebr Kemper UK & Ireland Ltd, Beulco Gmbh & Co. Kg, W.W. Grainger, Inc., and others.
- Most of the key players are maintaining strategic focus on the development of distribution partnerships and agreements for global market expansion.
- Some of the top manufacturers who contribute a higher revenue share to the backflow preventers market are Watts Water Technologies Company, Honeywell International, Emerson Electric Co., and Zurn Industries LLC.
Market Set to Grow 1.4x between 2019 and 2029
The backflow preventers market is likely to witness steady growth over the course of the forecast period. Gain will be driven by the demand for backflow preventers from the residential, construction, and industrial sectors. Further, several plumbing codes in North America and Europe are also driving their adoption.
Emerging Regions Promise New Growth Opportunities
North America and Europe are expected to contribute high revenue shares in the global backflow preventers market in 2019. However, healthy growth is expected in developing countries, especially China, India, and Brazil, as governments and private players focus on improving the quality of drinking water in these countries. Among the emerging countries, India is likely to present sustained opportunities of growth for stakeholders in the backflow preventers market. Due to India’s strong growth, South Asia is likely to emerge as a lucrative backflow preventers market during the forecast period.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.
The Broader Perspective
Stakeholders in the backflow preventers market are adapting to the evolving requirements of the industrial sector and the manufacturers’ pool. Manufacturers are focusing on offering effective products such as reduced pressure zones. It is highly likely that, R&D investments will continue to increase during the assessment period.
Atmospheric vacuum breaker backflow preventer remains the top selling category
Reduced pressure zones segment likely to grow at a high rate
Double check valve assembly backflow preventers expected to witness slow adoption
Residential plumbing remains the top end user, with over 40% revenue share
Demand from the industrial sector to grow at a fast rate
How Growth will Unfold
The reduced pressure zones segment is expected to maintain its lead over other variants during the assessment period, whereas, pressure vacuum breakers are also expected to gain adoption at a steady pace.
Atmospheric Vacuum Breakers | Pressure Vacuum Breakers | Reduced Pressure Zones
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.Click Here To Know How The Growth Will Unfold
Custom Market Research Services
FMI offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough.
Backflow Preventers Market: Global Industry Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
A recent market study published by FMI “Backflow Preventers Market: Global Industry Analysis 2014-2018 & Forecast 2019-2029” offers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historic as well as current growth parameters of the Backflow Preventers market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Backflow Preventers Market Taxonomy
The global Backflow Preventers market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach in front of the reader.
By Product Type
- Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker
- Double Check Valve Assembly
- Reduced Pressure Zone
By Material Type
- Stainless Steel
- Ductile Iron
- Other Materials
- Sprinkler & Irrigation
- Water & Wastewater
- Chemical Processing
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa
The report commences with the executive summary of the Backflow Preventers market, which includes a summary of the key findings and key statistics of the market. It also includes the market value (US$ million) estimates of the leading segments of the Backflow Preventers market.
Readers can find the detailed taxonomy and the definition of the Backflow Preventers market in this chapter, which will help them understand the basic information about the Backflow Preventers market. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which helps the reader understand the scope of the Backflow Preventers market report. The section also includes the key success factors pertaining to the global market
The report provides key market trends that are expected to impact the market growth significantly during the forecast period. Detailed industry trends are provided in this section, along with key market development or product innovations.
This section explains the global market value analysis and forecast for the Backflow Preventers market between the forecast periods of 2014-2029 is highlights in this section. This chapter includes the detailed analysis of the historical Backflow Preventers market, along with an opportunity analysis of the future. Readers can also find the absolute opportunity for the current year (2019 – 2020), and an incremental opportunity for the forecast period (2019 – 2029).
This section highlights the average price Backflow Preventers on the basis of product type in the different region across the globe. The pricing benchmark for manufacturer level pricing and distributor level pricing is analysed in this section.
This section explains the global market volume analysis and forecast for the Backflow Preventers market between the forecast periods of 2019-2029 is highlights in this section.
This chapter explains the key macro-economic factors that are expected to influence the growth of the Backflow Preventers market over the forecast period. Along with macroeconomic factors, this section also highlights the opportunity analysis for the Backflow Preventers market. This chapter also highlights the key market dynamics of the Backflow Preventers market, which include the drivers, restraints and trends. Moreover, readers will understand the key trends followed by the leading manufacturers in the Backflow Preventers market. Furthermore, the section also includes an overview for key forecast factors considered in the market as well as the global value chain overview.
Based on product type, the Global Backflow Preventers market is segmented into four types of Backflow Preventers, Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker, Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Double Check Valve Assembly and Reduced Pressure Zone. In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in the Backflow Preventers market and market attractiveness analysis based on the product type.
This chapter provides details about the Backflow Preventers market on the basis of material type, and has been classified into Stainless Steel, Plastic, Ductile Iron, Bronze, Other Materials. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractive analysis based on material type.
This chapter provides details about the Backflow Preventers market on the basis of end user, and has been classified into Residential, Commercial and Industrial Segment. Industrial segment is further sub segmented into Sprinkler & Irrigation, Water & Wastewater and Chemical Processing. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractive analysis based on end user.
This chapter explains how the Backflow Preventers market will grow across various geographic regions, such as North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, the Middle East & Africa (MEA)
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the North America Backflow Preventers market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find the regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on the product types and end users and countries in North America.
Readers can find detailed information about several factors, such as the pricing analysis and the regional trends, which are impacting the growth of the Latin America Backflow Preventers market. This chapter also includes the growth prospects of the Backflow Preventers market in the leading LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico and the Rest of Latin America.
Important growth prospects of the Backflow Preventers market based on its end users in several countries, such as Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, BENELUX, Russia and the Rest of Europe, are included in this chapter.
India, ASEAN are the leading countries in the South Asia region that are the prime subjects of assessment to obtain the growth prospects of the South Asia Backflow Preventers market in this chapter. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the South Asia Backflow Preventers market during the period 2019-2029.
This chapter highlights the growth of the Backflow Preventers market in the East Asia by focusing on China, Japan and South Korea. This section also helps readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the Backflow Preventers market in East Asia.
In this chapter, Australia and New Zealand are among the leading countries in the Oceania region, which are the prime subjects of assessment to obtain the growth prospects of the Oceania Backflow Preventers market.
This chapter provides information about how the Backflow Preventers market will grow in the major countries in the Middle East & Africa region, such as GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey and the rest of Middle East & Africa, during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
This chapter provides information about how the Backflow Preventers market will grow in the emerging countries in the global, such as China, India and Australia, during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
In this chapter, readers can find a detailed information about the tier analysis and market concentration of the key players in the Backflow Preventers market along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio.
In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the leading stakeholders in the Backflow Preventers market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, Zurn Industries LLC, TALIS Management Holding GmbH, EnviroFALK GmbH, Conbraco Industries Inc. Caleffi S.p.a. Hans Sasserath GmbH & Co. KG Gebr Kemper UK & Ireland Ltd, Beulco Gmbh & Co. Kg, and W.W. Grainger, Inc among others.
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the Backflow Preventers report.
This chapter helps readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain the various conclusions as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the Backflow Preventers market.
How the research was conducted?
Primary research interview with Key Opinion Leaders and other participants were conducted for data collection and validation of the below information:
- Prevalence of Backflow Preventers
- High Prevalence by End Users
- Adoption of Backflow Preventers in residential
- Average Selling Price (US$) and Market Growth
- Key Developments
- Key Trends and Opportunities
- Regional wise Dynamics
- Market Share Information
- Key Brands
- Competition & Key Vendor Strategies
- Information regarding Material Type
- Quarterly financial statements
- 10-K & 10-Q filings
- Morning Star
- Zawya etc. along with company websites and other published financial sources including local newspapers, magazines to determine company wise earnings
- Corporate press release specification sheet, price list catalogs, financial disclosures provided sales, products and product related information
- Publication from trade organizations, associations, and governments, along with ITC trade database and regional / local paid databases
- Article from target industry experts, and industry stakeholders, press information and data released by exhibitions conducted by associations etc.
Primary Interview Splits
Backflow Preventers Market Reports - Table of Contents
18. Assumptions and Acronyms Used
19. Research Methodology