BACKFLOW PREVENTERS MARKET - KEY RESEARCH FINDINGS
- Global backflow preventers market size in 2018 – nearly US$ 350 Mn.
- The backflow preventers market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 3.5% over 2019-2029.
- Europe and North America are expected to remain prominent regional markets in the backflow preventers market.
- Europe and North America are the leading regions in the backflow preventers market, owing to several plumbing codes in these regions that mandate the use of backflow prevention devices at all cross-connections to protect potable water against backflow.
- Distribution and marketing synergies between companies are expected to exploit backflow preventers market growth prospects.
- Major players in the backflow preventers market such as Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, Zurn Industries LLC, etc., are employing synergistic methods of co-marketing and co-promotion their products with other companies. These synergies between partners are presenting an instant growth impact as compared to acquisitions and mergers. In 2018, Honeywell International completed acquisitions worth around US$ 500 Mn of Transnorm and Ortloff Engineers, Ltd.
- The reduced pressure zones segment is expected to remain the most preferred product type segment in the backflow preventers market.
- The growth of this segment can be primarily attributed to the increasing popularity of the reduced pressure zones segment over the double check valve assemblies segment. Reduced pressure zones turn out to be the most efficient and reliable equipment in high pressure situations.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Backflow Preventers Market
- Launch of New Products and Distribution Agreements are the Major Trends in the Backflow Preventers Market
Key market players such as Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, and Zurn Industries LLC are focusing on the expansion of their backflow preventers product portfolios through distribution agreements and the launching of new products. For example-
- In 2019, Emerson Electric Co. invested US$ 49 Mn in its new global headquarters in Brookfield, for upgrading its manufacturing technologies.
- In October 2018, Zurn Industries, LLC. expanded its fire protection line segment with the addition of new products, ranging from Zurn Wilkins backflow and ACVs to fire valves.
- Rising Number of Waste Treatment Plants Leading to the Rising Demand for Backflow Preventers
There are around 10,000 wastewater treatment facilities in Germany that treat around 10.1 billion cubic meters of wastewater, annually. In France, there are more than 15,000 water treatment and 17,000 wastewater treatment plants in operation. European water services invest approximately €45 billion in water infrastructure, annually.
The total length of the drinking water network in Europe is estimated to be around 4.2 million kilometers. With respect to wastewater treatment, the total length of the sewer network is around 3 million kilometers. Growing investments in water and wastewater treatment facilities in the continent are estimated to drive the growth of the Germany and France backflow preventers markets during the forecast period.
Surging Residential Construction Projects to Propel the Growth of the Backflow Preventers Market Over the Forecast Period
The mandatory use of backflow prevention devices with annual checks for maintenance for residential applications is one of the key factors fueling the demand for backflow preventers.
BACKFLOW PREVENTERS MARKET STRUCTURE ANALYSIS
- The global backflow preventers market is a fairly consolidated market, with top 10 global players accounting for more than half of the total market share.
- Some of the prominent companies in the backflow preventers market include Watts Water Technologies Company, Emerson Electric Co., Honeywell International, Zurn Industries LLC, TALIS Management Holding GmbH, EnviroFALK GmbH, Conbraco Industries Inc. Caleffi S.p.a. Hans Sasserath GmbH & Co. KG Gebr Kemper UK & Ireland Ltd, Beulco Gmbh & Co. Kg, W.W. Grainger, Inc., and others.
- Most of the key players are maintaining strategic focus on the development of distribution partnerships and agreements for global market expansion.
- Some of the top manufacturers who contribute a higher revenue share to the backflow preventers market are Watts Water Technologies Company, Honeywell International, Emerson Electric Co., and Zurn Industries LLC.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Backflow Preventers: Increasing Concerns Regarding Drinking Water Quality
A backflow prevention device helps avoid undesirable reversal of the flow of a source of contamination into a potable water system. Backflow preventers find important application in protecting a drinking water network against any risk of pollution due to possible backflow of contaminated fluid. Increasing concerns regarding the health and liability risks related to contaminated drinking water is estimated to be the key factor driving the growth of the global backflow preventers market during the forecast period.
Market Set to Grow 1.4x between 2019 and 2029
The backflow preventers market is likely to witness steady growth over the course of the forecast period. Gain will be driven by the demand for backflow preventers from the residential, construction, and industrial sectors. Further, several plumbing codes in North America and Europe are also driving their adoption.
Emerging Regions Promise New Growth Opportunities
North America and Europe are expected to contribute high revenue shares in the global backflow preventers market in 2019. However, healthy growth is expected in developing countries, especially China, India, and Brazil, as governments and private players focus on improving the quality of drinking water in these countries.
Among the emerging countries, India is likely to present sustained opportunities of growth for stakeholders in the backflow preventers market. Due to India’s strong growth, South Asia is likely to emerge as a lucrative backflow preventers market during the forecast period.
The Broader Perspective
Stakeholders in the backflow preventers market are adapting to the evolving requirements of the industrial sector and the manufacturers’ pool. Manufacturers are focusing on offering effective products such as reduced pressure zones. It is highly likely that, R&D investments will continue to increase during the assessment period.
How Growth will Unfold
The reduced pressure zones segment is expected to maintain its lead over other variants during the assessment period, whereas, pressure vacuum breakers are also expected to gain adoption at a steady pace.
BACKFLOW PREVENTERS MARKET TAXONOMY
The global Backflow Preventers market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach in front of the reader.
By Product Type
- Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker
- Double Check Valve Assembly
- Reduced Pressure Zone
By Material Type
- Stainless Steel
- Ductile Iron
- Other Materials
- Sprinkler & Irrigation
- Water & Wastewater
- Chemical Processing
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa