This Chromium Picolinate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chromium Picolinate market.
Chromium Picolinate Market Outlook
Chromium picolinate, also known as chromium tripicolinate, is mineral chromium that is found in health supplements. Chromium picolinate is a reddish pink color powder which helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels, promotes weight loss and stabilizes the blood glucose levels. Chromium picolinate is easily absorbed by the body. Chromium is an essential mineral which helps in enhancing the levels of insulin and maintaining a healthy blood glucose level. Chromium is naturally present in trace amounts in food such as meat, grain bread, fish, etc., but still, the risk of getting chromium deficiency is increasing due to changing lifestyle and poor eating habits, and thus, the consumption of chromium picolinate is an effective way to obtain the daily requirement of the chromium.
Increase in Weight-management Problems Boosts the Demand for Chromium Picolinate.
According to the World Health Organization, in 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults were noted as overweight, out of which around 650 million adults were obese. Around 13% of the global adult population was obese in the year 2016. The consumers are changing their lifestyle and eating habits to maintain a healthy life, and thus, are willing to buy dietary supplements to fulfill the nutritional requirement. The rise in the prevalence of obesity and overweight problems are anticipated to increase the sales of weight-loss supplements, and thus, is estimated to increase the demand for chromium picolinate. Chromium picolinate is used as a dietary supplement. The scientific studies have indicated that chromium picolinate helps in decreasing the carbohydrate cravings and also helps in metabolizing fats and carbohydrates. Chromium picolinate decreases triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Chromium picolinate acts as a natural appetite suppressant, and thus, is used as a weight-loss supplement. Therefore, the increase in weight management problems is anticipated to increase the sales of chromium picolinate.
The increase in the prevalence of diabetes is expected to serve as one of the major drivers for the increase in the demand of chromium picolinate. According to the World Health Organization, in 2016, around 1.6 million deaths were caused due to diabetes and is estimated to be the seventh leading cause of death in 2016. As health awareness among the consumers is increasing, the demand for dietary supplements is increasing as they satisfy taste as well as nutritional requirement. Thus, the increase in the frequency of diabetes is estimated to increase the sales of chromium picolinate. Chromium picolinate has shown to decrease insulin resistance and also helps to decrease the risk of type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Chromium picolinate aids to maintain healthy sugar levels and improves appetite regulation. Therefore, the increase in the occurrence of diabetes is anticipated to boosts the sales of chromium picolinate.
The lack of awareness about chromium picolinate and the preference for plant-based dietary supplements is anticipated to serve as a major restraint for the chromium picolinate market. Due to an increase in awareness about the side-effects of the chemicals, the consumers prefer the use of plant-based products. There are many types of dietary supplements that are present in the market. The companies are trying to develop plant-based dietary supplements to attract health-conscious consumers. Also, the lack of awareness about the dosage of chromium picolinate can cause side-effects. The dose of chromium picolinate will depend on various factors such as gender, age, etc., and thus, the lack of knowledge can have side-effects such as renal impairment, liver damage, etc. Therefore, the preference for plant-based dietary supplements and the lack of awareness is expected to hinder the growth of chromium picolinate market.
Chromium Picolinate Market: Regional Analysis
The hectic schedule, changing eating habits, increase in the disposable income, preference for a healthy lifestyle, etc., are anticipated to increase the sales of dietary supplements in the Asia Pacific region, and thus, is expected to have a positive impact on the chromium picolinate market. The increase in the prevalence of diabetes in the Asia Pacific region is estimated to increase the demand for chromium picolinate.
Chromium Picolinate Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the Chromium Picolinate market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Resonance Specialities Ltd.
- Sellwell(Group) Chemical Factory
- Amsal Chem Private Limited
- Cambridge Commodities Limited
- Chemlock Metals Corporation
- Oceanic Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Celtic Chemicals Ltd
- Anmol Chemicals Group
- Yihan Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Mubychem Group
- Salvi Chemical Industries Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the chromium picolinate market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as grade, and end-use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Chromium Picolinate Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to chromium picolinate market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in chromium picolinate market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of chromium picolinate
- Value Chain Analysis of the chromium picolinate market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chromium Picolinate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Chromium Picolinate Market Segmentation
The Chromium Picolinate market can be segmented on the basis of grade, and end-use:
On the basis of the grade, the chromium picolinate can be segmented as:
- Food Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
On the basis of end-use, the chromium picolinate market can be segmented as:
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Dietary Supplement Industry
- Nutraceutical Industry
- Others (e.g. Pharmaceutical Industry, etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the chromium picolinate market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the chromium picolinate market
- Competitive landscape of the chromium picolinate market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on chromium picolinate market performance
- Must-have information for chromium picolinate market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Chromium Picolinate Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Chromium Picolinate Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Chromium Picolinate Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Chromium Picolinate Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)