This Envelope market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Envelope market.
Envelope Market: An Overview
Envelopes are used commonly for packaging of flat objects such as letters, cards, booklets, and mails. Envelopes are increasingly being employed in e-commerce deliveries; envelopes are replacing small cardboard boxes used for delivering light-weight objects. Using envelopes proves to be more sustainable and economical for e-commerce companies. This is likely to boost the demand for envelopes in the years to come. However, with the growth of electronic media, the consumption of envelopes for mailing has reduced significantly in the past years. Yet the demand generated from the shipping industry is likely to fuel the global demand for envelopes. Courier companies such as Fed Ex, Express Mail, and others are in constant need of envelopes for shipping light-weight goods. Thus, the overall outlook for envelopes seems to be positive during the forecast period.
Manufacturers also offer printed envelopes which areve used by companies to enhance the aesthetics of the envelope and put branding information on it. Seral printing techniques are available for printing on envelopes, including flexographic, offset, gravure, and more. Using customized printing techniques makes the envelope stand out and gives it a professional impression. Thus, the demand for printed envelopes is likely to grow at a moderate rate during 2019-2029.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Envelope Market: Dynamics
As digital media continues to boom, the demand for paper and printing is shrinking. Even though the need for printing & writing paper is witnessing a decline globally, the need for envelopes is growing at a moderate pace. According to the European Federation of Envelope Manufacturers (FEPE), 45% of goods cross-border weigh less than 0.5 kg and can be delivered in envelopes. This is expected to provide a huge potential for the envelope manufacturers.
Furthermore, the e-commerce industry is expected to provide thriving growth opportunities for the global envelopes market. E-commerce companies are continually looking for light-weight packaging solutions to reduce the cost and packaging waste generated. Key players are evolving their product offerings to cater to the dynamic needs of the e-commerce industry and benefit the most out of the current scenario.
The global envelope market is estimated as a highly fragmented and competitive market with several envelope manufacturers and printers operating in different regions. Thus, the bargaining power of suppliers is expected to be reasonably low. Also, the barrier to entry is low as the manufacturing of envelopes doesn’t require sophisticated machinery and high investment. Thus, many more players are likely to enter the market, making it even more competitive. Moreover, the bargaining power of buyers is estimated to be high, as the customers have plenty of options to choose from. The bargaining power of buyers is expected to increase further as more players enter the market.
Envelope Market: Regional Analysis
The geographical analysis of the global envelope market has revealed that the Asia Pacific accounts for more than 40% of the global demand as several e-commerce orders and couriers are fairly high in China, India, and other Asian countries.
Furthermore, several envelope manufacturers and printers operate in China who offers their products at competitive prices. Europe is expected to represent a steady demand for envelopes as direct mail constitutes nearly 30% of the total mails in the region. Middle East & African envelope market is projected to clock a moderate growth rate during 2019-2029.
Envelope Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the envelope market are Sealed Air Corporation, Ohio Envelope Manufacturing Co., Neenah Inc., Capital Envelopes LLC, Encore Envelopes Ltd., Heritage Envelopes Ltd., Mayer-Kuvert-network GmbH, Sunkee Envelope, Precision Envelopes Inc., and Royal Envelope Ltd.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional Analysis Includes-
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Envelope Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Envelope Market: Segmentation
Globally, the envelope market is segmented by product type, applications, closure, and geography.
By product type, the global envelope market has been segmented as follows
By applications, the global envelope market has been segmented as follows
By closure, the global envelope market has been segmented as follows
- Remoistening Seal
- Pressure-sensitive Seal
- String and Button
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Envelope Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Envelope Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Envelope Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Envelope Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)