This Erythritol market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Erythritol market.
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol, also known as a sweetener used in place of sugar in the food and beverage industry, to enhance the taste of food items. It’s an alternative to sugar and widely used in food processing because of the low-calorie content contained. About 10% of the global sugar economy is held by the use of high intensify sweeteners, of which erythritol is an example. Erythritol can be obtained from the fermentation of carbohydrates or through the reduction of sugar with the aid of hydrogen. Erythritol’s low-calorie content and the health benefits associated with the consumption of sweeteners are driving forces that promote the market over the year, which is expected to continue over the forecast period. The United States Food and Drug Administration has approved erythritol as generally recognized as a safe sweetener. Unlike sucrose, erythritol ensures better digestive tolerance, which gives it an edge over sucrose in the global market. Besides, erythritol does not cause tooth decay; neither does it aggravate weight-related diseases like diabetes and obesity. Its easily digested and produces calorie as low as zero kcal/g. These properties are the growth drivers of the erythritol market.
Erythritol Market Driven by Growing Consumers’ Demand for Healthy Products
The growing population size of health-conscious consumers is increasing as consumers are now watchful of the food products they consume. Reports have shown that the food consumed by humans often determines the quality of their health. Most foods consumed these days have a relationship with life-threatening diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and many more. For instance, overconsumption of sugar or high-calorie food products causes diabetes or a high sugar level, which is dangerous to consumers' health. If diabetes is not adequately maintained, it could lead to the death of consumers. Also, the ease with the digestion of erythritol speaks for it globally as consumers, especially adults, find it hard to digest high-calorie food products.
Moreover, the rising demand for natural and high-quality ingredients in the cosmetics industry is another growth driver that fuels the industry's growth. Erythritol plays a crucial role in skincare products as it enhances moisture retention. Moreover, erythritol is used to produce anti-aging serums and night creams due to its effective performance against wrinkle formation. These attributes are among the strong forces expected to facilitate the industry's growth over the forecast period.
Erythritol Market Restraint
The erythritol market growth is projected to be hampered by the ease in availability of substitutes. Also, increasing awareness regarding the adverse effect of sweeteners is a strong force expected to restrain the growth of the erythritol market. For instance, health problems such as weight gain, tooth decay, and poor nutrition are possible health-related issues associated with the overconsumption of natural sweeteners. This might pose a threat to the erythritol market.
Erythritol Market: Region-wise Analysis
Geographically, North America is expected to be the largest market for the global erythritol market due to the rise in demand for natural and low-calorie products in the region. The United States is the main contributor in North America in terms of market revenue and volume. Europe is the second-largest market since there is an increasing demand for natural ingredients from the cosmetic industry. However, the Asia Pacific is slated to be the fastest-growing market owing to the growing population of health-conscious consumers and consumers’ shift towards the consumption of low-calorie food and beverage products. The global erythritol market is projected to register a CAGR of over 6.5% over the forecast period in the Asia Pacific region.
Erythritol Market: Competitive Landscape
- Foodchem International Corporation
- Cargill Inc.
- JUNGBUNZLAUER SUISSE AG
- Shandong Sanyuan Biotechnology Co., Ltd
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Erythritol Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Erythritol Market Segment Analysis
The global erythritol market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Bakery and Confectionery
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Erythritol Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Erythritol Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Erythritol Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Erythritol Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)