This Esports market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Esports market.
eSports (commonly refer as electronic sport) is a type of sport facilitated by electronic system in which all the functions of the sport are performed through human-computer interface. eSports is allowing the users to experience different type of game aspects including ladder, tournament and league through single system. eSports is played by professional gamers who are usually part of sporting organisations, or they are sponsored by business organisations. eSports provides several competitive advantages such as selection of teams, players, and organisations which are not bound with location and ability to integrate with non-traditional media.
Developers, publishers and organisers are the major components of eSports market. Developers are responsible for coming up with an idea and develop the game, whereas publishers are responsible for overall marketing and distribution activities.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
eSports are facilitated though electronic system that can be streamed on different platforms including social media, where as traditional sports are still struggling to go beyond the traditional mediums such as print, radio & TV. Ability to stream on non-traditional platforms, advancements in gaming technologies, increase in awareness about eSports due to attention given by worldwide publishers, investors & broadcasters and increase in number of eSports enthusiast are the major drivers responsible for growth of eSports market.
eSports are comprised of different communities and games. Performance of the eSport system 2heavily depends on size, structure and idea behind the development of game. Operator do not have full control over the tournaments and leagues, as the goals of publisher differ from those of operator. Fraudulent betting is another challenge that can negatively affect the growth of eSports market.
eSports market: Segmentation
eSports market can be classified on the basis of revenue source, platform, product and game.
On the basis of revenue source, the market can be categorised into sponsorship & advertising, eSports betting & fantasy site, prize pool, amateur & micro tournament, merchandising, and ticket sale. Sponsorship & advertising was the dominating segment followed by Betting & fantasy site in this category in 2015. This can be attributed to large number of new brands and advertisers entering the market.
On the basis of platform, eSports market can be segmented into PC and Console. PC had the highest market share in the category in 2015, as PC platform based games are more powerful and bigger than console..
eSports market can be segmented in to mice, controller, headset, keyboard, and other accessories on the basis of product.
eSports is composed of different genre of games. The games can be played by a single player or by multiple players. On the basis of game, eSports market can be classified as Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), real time strategy, first person shooter, fighting and sports. Fighting games was the most dominant category in the overall eSports market in 2015.
Segmentation on basis of Region:
eSports market is segmented into 7 key regions- North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa.
eSports Market: Region-wise Outlook
Currently, North America is the dominant region in terms on number of gamers and revenue generation in overall eSports market. US had the highest market share in terms of revenue contribution as it had highest number of eSports enthusiasts and gamers in the region.
Europe was the second largest regional contributor after North America in global eSports market. Germany and UK are the leading markets in the region.
Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in terms of number of enthusiast & gamers, owing to increasing audience and emergence of new technologies that are driving growth in the region. China and South Korea accounted for majority of the market share in the region.
eSports Market: Key Players
Riot Games Inc. (US), Hi Rez Stuidos (US), Activision Blizzard Inc. (US), Wargaming Public Co Ltd (Cyprus),Electronic Arts, Inc. (US), GungHo Online Entertainment Inc. (Japan),Kabam Inc. (US), King Digital Entertainment PLC (Ireland), Rovio Entertainment Ltd. (Finland), Zynga Inc. (US), Gamevil Inc. (South Korea).
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Esports Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- eSports Market Segments
- eSports Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- eSports Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- eSports Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- eSports Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for eSports Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of the Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Esports Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Esports Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Esports Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Esports Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.