This Oxytocin market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Oxytocin market.
Oxytocin is a hormone that is used to induce labor as well as to control bleeding post-delivery. It is also used to induce breast milk production. However, it is generally not recommended for induced labor unless there is a specific medical reason. Oxytocin is a prescription medication and is not available for sale over the counter.
For Antepartum applications, oxytocin is prescribed for induction of labor in patients with Rh issues, diabetes, preeclampsia. It may also be used at or near term, in cases when the delivery is in the best interests of mother and fetus or when membranes are prematurely ruptured. Oxytocin may also be used as an adjunct therapy for management of incomplete or inevitable abortion. In Postpartum conditions oxytocin is prescribed for uterine contractions during the third stage of labor as well as to control postpartum bleeding or hemorrhage. However, there are many contradictions on the use of oxytocin for Antepartum condition. Some of these include, presence of significant cephalopelvic disproportion or in unfavorable fetal positions among others.
Oxytocin is generally available in the form of 10ml multiple dose vials. The dosage of oxytocin that is required to be administered is determined by the uterine response. Thus dosage is recommended to be individualized. This is done by initiating administration of oxytocin at a very low level.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
In 2018, Pfizer, one of the largest manufacturers of Oxytocin announced that it will stop the manufacture of Oxytocin in India following the health ministry’s order that banned private companies from manufacturing oxytocin in India. Such regulatory changes threaten the market foothold significantly and may hamper the growth of the Oxytocin market through the forecast period.
Oxytocin Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing prevalence of pregnancy complications, increasing age of women child bearing, are some of the key factors that drive the growth of the oxytocin market. Other factors include, rising number of births globally and rising awareness of induced labor and breast feeding. Factors such as frequently changing reimbursement rates, stringent regulations, and high cost of oxytocin drug are some of the factors that hinder the growth of the oxytocin market through the forecast period.
Oxytocin Market: Overview
Oxytocin is primarily used for inducing labor in case of delayed or complex pregnancy. Thus the Antepartum application of the oxytocin drugs holds the maximum share. However, rising number of cases for induced breast milk production through oxytocin will also drive the growth of the market. Hospital pharmacies is the primary distribution channel and accounts for the maximum share in the global market for Oxytocin.
Oxytocin Market: Regional Outlook
Increasing number of births in the APAC regions are the primary drivers of the growth of the oxytocin market globally. This is particularly true for countries such as India and China. However, the growth of the market in the region began to decline owing the ban of oxytocin in countries like India. The ban on Oxytocin was imposed due to the misuse of the drug by hospital staff to reduce the rush and demand for beds in the delivery wards of hospitals. North America is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunity for Oxytocin market owing to the rising demand of the product for conditions like preeclampsia, pregnancy with diabetes, and other similar complications whose prevalence is rising in the region.
Oxytocin Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the Oxytocin market include, Pfizer, Novartis, GSK, JHP Pharmaceuticals, Grindeks, Jishi, Shanghai Hefeng, Bimeda, and Bayer among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Oxytocin market Segments
- Oxytocin market Dynamics
- Oxytocin market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Disease epidemology
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Oxytocin Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Oxytocin Market: Segmentation
The global Oxytocin market is segmented by indication, distribution channel and region:
Based on indication, the global Oxytocin market is segmented into:
Based on the distribution channel, the global Oxytocin market is segmented into:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Oxytocin Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Oxytocin Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Oxytocin Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Oxytocin Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)