This Parabens market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Parabens market.
Parabens Market: Introduction
Parabens are esters of p-hydroxybenzoic acid and some of the parabens include Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, and Phenoxyethanol among others. Esterification reaction is used to produce parabens as para-hydroxybenzoic acid is reacted with an appropriate alcoholic group such as a methyl, ethyl or n-propyl groups. The Kolbe-Schmitt reaction, using potassium phenoxide and carbon dioxide is used to produce parabens industrially. Parabens are active against a wide spectrum of micro-organisms hence used as a preservative for multiple cosmetic ingredients owing to their great solubility in the bacterial membrane resulting in a high anti-microbial activity. Parabens have been successfully used in cosmetics for more than 80 years now, as the compatibility of parabens with other compounds is high and they are also highly suitable for preservation of cosmetics. In many cosmetic products the authorized percentage use of parabens ranges from 0.01% to 0.3%. The parabens can also help extend the life of the products in which they are used. Moreover, parabens are also used as food preservative and preservatives in pharmaceuticals products. Products such as processed vegetables, baked goods, fats & oils, seasoning, sugar substitutes and frozen dairy products finds the use of parabens as a preservative in the food industry. A combination of parabens are more effective as preservatives than individual esters. Parabens are regarded as one of the most commonly used preservative owing to its low toxic nature and effective antimicrobial activity particularly against molds and yeast.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Parabens Market: Dynamics
Parabens Market: Driver
Paraben are extensively used as a preservative in cosmetic products owing to its anti-microbial properties. Cosmetic products have witnessed a surge in demand over the recent years pertaining to increase in disposable income. Changing life styles, increasing affordability and higher awareness of self-care (personal care) products amongst the general population is expected to drive the cosmetic & personal care industry in the coming years which in turn is expected to extensively drive the parabens market.
Moreover, mixture of parabens is used as a preservative for multiple processed food products such as processed vegetables, oil & fats, and seasoning sugar among others. Growing population and increasing demand for quality as well as quantity is increasing over the years owing to increase in the income per capita in some regions, which is expected to increase the demand for processed food over the recent years which in turn is expected to surge the parabens market.
Different types of parabens find various applications in different end use industries such as pharmaceutical, cosmetic & personal care, food and chemical industry. Different application implies a broad usage of parabens in multiple growing end use industry which is expected to keep the demand of parabens steady in the coming years.
Parabens Market: Restraints
Cosmetics & Personal Care product manufactures have started shifting towards more natural substitutes as preservatives. Parabens do not fall under all natural preservative and also have multiple adverse effects which can cause a variety of skin reactions. Manufacturers have to follow stringent regulations to use parabens as preservatives in the cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceutical and processed food products. Moreover, since 2014 parabens such as isopropyl-, isobutyl-, pentyl-, benzyl-, and phenyl- parabens are prohibited in cosmetic products in Europe. These factors are expected to restrain demand of the parabens market.
Market: Regional Outlook
Parabens are extensively used in cosmetics & personal care and processed food products. Regions such as Asia Pacific and North America have growing disposable income which in turn is expected to surge the demand for cosmetic and processed food products which in turn is expected to drive the demand for parabens in countries such as U.S., South Korea, China and others, however Parabens are banned in Europe for cosmetics & personal care industry by the government.
United Kingdom is one of the major exporter of pharmaceutical products in recent years, the sales of pharmaceutical products are up by more than 5% on an annual basis, increasing production of pharmaceuticals in UK, the increase in demand for parabens is expected to rise as they are widely used as preservatives in pharmaceutical processing,
Market: Key participants
Ueno Fine Chemicals, Gujarat Organics, Sharon Laboratories, Zhejiang Shengxiao, Jiangsu BVCO, Shandong Ailitong, Hangzhou Top, Kunshan Shuangyou
The Parabens Market report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand Scenario
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Parabens market
- Competition & Companies involved in Parabens market
- Technology used in Parabens Market
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Parabens Market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with Parabens market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Parabens market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Parabens Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Parabens Market: Segmentation
The Global Market of Parabens can be segmented by: Product Type
- Others (Phenoxyethol)
The Global Market of Parabens can be segmented by: Application
- Others (chemical)
The Global Market of Parabens can be segmented by: End Use
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Chemical Industry
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Parabens market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Parabens market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in Parabens market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in Parabens market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Parabens market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Parabens Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Parabens Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Parabens Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Parabens Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.