This Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast market.
Pop-up hotels are one of the growing niche segments in the travel accommodation industry in the last few years. The idea for pop-up hotels originated in the United Kingdom. The first pop-up hotel was launched at the Glastonbury music festival, the UK's largest music festival with a purpose of providing temporary accommodation. Pop-up hotels can be defined in myriad ways—from setting up temporary accommodations for events and festivals to converting existing buildings into seasonal hotels. These hotels are equipped with all the facilities that a traditional hotel offers including beds, showers, furniture, electricity, toilets and WiFi. Some of these pop-up hotels also have restaurants, retail spaces, and even nightclub facilities. Some pop-up hotels also offer services such as a personal chef, concierge, waiter and security guard.
The trend of pop-up hotels has also started in other tourist destinations such as Belgium, China, the United States, France, and Sri Lanka in the recent years. The hotels which are made out of shipping containers and tents have the advantage of transport facility and can go to places where the traditional hotels can’t reach.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
There is an increasing demand from customers who are looking for (unique) experiences and something different from the norm. The travel operators are focussing on introducing new services based on the changing traveller demands. Black Tomato Group, a London-based travel operator, launched “Blink,” a new travel service that offers temporary accommodation designed as per the tourist’s choice at selected destinations with staff and meals. The tourist can choose everything from the view to the bed linens to the bottles in the accommodation setup. This has steered an increase in the demand for pop-up hotels.
At the times of big events, the traditional hotels are high priced and also the tourists have to book the accommodation mostly in a year advance. Also, hotel operators can’t increase their supply for that particular event as the demand for hotels will decrease after the event. But, unlike traditional hotels, pop-up hotels can be constructed in a short time and can be easily taken down or moved to other locations after the event. Further, growing popularity of camping and adventure tourism among the young population is expected to influence the demand for pop-up hotels in the coming years as these hotels can be set up at any selected location. Although guest rooms’ set up using containers looks like a hostel rather than a luxury hotel, pop-up hotels offer more value than a traditional accommodation establishment. They are capable of providing luxury facilities such as spas, restaurants, lounges, and even swimming pools.
Further, the concept of pop-up hotel offers many advantages for hotel operators. They can try out different locations, experiment with the design of the hotel, and test the sector for guests without any huge financial commitment. As the tourism industry is evolving, the tourists are increasingly looking for better and unique experiences and alternatives to traditional accommodations which are inexpensive and more convenient. Tourists now have a wide range of options other than conventional hotels that include mobile shipping containers, pod pads, and glamping tents.
However, the main challenge lies with the company where they can be more efficient and operational. In terms of initial investments, creating a pop-up hotel is less expensive because of the ability to cut some corners. However, putting bathrooms and kitchens, transporting and assembling the containers can sometimes be costly and labour intensive. Obtaining a license to run a mobile lodging from the government is a challenging factor faced by operators due to the lack of classification for these hotels. Factors such as safety and quality are the key concerns for the pop-up hotels to grow further. Temporary electricity, water, and sewer disposal are also other challenging issues faced by operators in the pop-up hotels segment.
Pop-up Hotels: Key Players
Few of the market participants in the pop-up hotel segment include Black Tomato Group, The Pop-Up Hotel, Snoozebox, PopUp Ashram, A Room for London etc.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Pop Up Hotels Sector Overview And Forecast, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.