This Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview market.
Extended stay hotels are apartment hotels where tourists can stay for as long as they want and can check out whenever they want. In other words, extended stay hotels are just like renting an apartment; however, there is no fixed contract for the occupants. The idea behind extended stay hotels is to ensure hassle free walkouts for the occupants. The concept of extended stay hotel first evolved in holiday destinations as a convenience for families that wished to live in an apartment instead of staying as they would in a lodging. The apartments would offer a holiday home and by and large be serviced. Afterwards, these apartments developed to be complete homes, enabling inhabitants to do all that they would at home; for example, washing, cooking and cleaning. The standard definition of an extended stay hotel in the U.S. implies a building intended for or comprising both flats and rental units or individual guestrooms, under occupant supervision, and which maintains an inner lobby from where all occupants can access condos, units or rooms.
Extended stay hotels typically offer fully fitted condos. These buildings are normally custom designed, and like a lodging, they comprise different apartments. The duration of the stay in these lodgings varies from a couple of days to months or even years. The occupants who stay in extended stay hotels utilise these as a long-term accommodation; hence, these types of hotels are frequently fitted with most things any normal home would require.
Extended Stay Hotel: Drivers
One of the most important factors that drives the growth of extended stay hotels is that these apartments are pocket-friendly. However, this is not just the only factor that attracts occupants towards extended stay hotels. Apart from this, these hotels provide all the necessary services such as laundry, cleaning, washing and most importantly kitchen facilities, which gives a homely feeling to the tenants. Extended stay hotels are mostly preferred by occupants as they are generally located away from the hustle-bustle life of cities where the inhabitants can experience a countryside living. Along with their stay, occupants can also enjoy hiking and other activities such as horse riding. These features are making extended stay hotels popular, which is ultimately driving growth in demand. Easy online bookings is another reason for extended stay hotels to manage to snag a huge portion of hotel customers. Last but not the least the primary objective of extended stay hotels is to provide hassle-free check-outs whenever the occupants wish and this is the key reason that fuels the demand and development of extended stay hotels across the globe.
Extended Stay Hotel: Restraints
One of the major hindrances in the growth of extended stay hotels is they are still unavailable in small towns or in remote locations. Although extended stay hotels give a homely feeling, they are in no comparison with households. The reason for this is although the management of the hotel provides kitchen facilities during the stay, they do not provide utensils and the occupants therefore have to shell out the money from their own pockets either to purchase the utensils or to get food from outside. In a similar way, the inhabitants also have to pay extra if they are keeping their pets with them. All these factors are hampering the growth of extended stay hotels worldwide.
Extended Stay Hotel: Key Players
Hilton Worldwide, Choice Hotels International, Staybridge Suits by InterContinental Hotels Group, U.S., Holiday Inn, U.K., and Residence Inn by Marriot, Germany, are some of the key extended stay hotels across the globe.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Extended Stay Hotel:Segmentation
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Extended Stay Hotel Sector Overview, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.