This Extended Release Drugs market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Extended Release Drugs market.
Extended Release Drugs: Market Insights
Drug delivery systems are engineered technologies for controlled release of drugs or to the targeted delivery of drugs. Drug delivery system is a kind of formulation that enables the administration of therapeutic agents in the body and improves its safety and efficacy by controlling the time, rate and place of drug release in the body. Most of the conventional oral products of drugs are formulated to release the active ingredient as soon as it is administered. Now the pattern has been changed to modified release dosage forms to achieve better therapeutic target. Extended release drugs is a type of dosage forms which allows a two-fold reduction in frequency of dosage administered in the body. FDA has enabled certain guidelines for the extended release drugs such as notification in changing the safety labelling of extended release drugs.
Extended Release Drugs: Market Dynamics
Extended release drugs is likely to trigger growth in the market owing to increasing acceptance of different dosage forms, growing paediatric and geriatric population is likely to witness significant growth in the market. Moreover increasing research and development and ongoing clinical trials seems to spur the growth of the extended release drugs market.
Also increasing focus in innovation and development of novel therapeutics adds another factor in increasing the growth of the extended release drugs market. However, there are certain limitation that may hamper the growth of the market such as cost of the extended release drugs. For example, Namenda extended release drugs cost around US$ 494 for 7mg. Apart from this, extended release drugs have a have a slower onset of action and may cause potential side effects. All this factors is likely to hamper the growth of the extended release drugs market.
Extended Release Drugs Market: Overview
Extended release drugs is expected to anticipate significant growth in the market. Manufacturers are currently focus in developing drugs that actively acts on the target. Various extended release drugs has been approved by FDA for the treatment chronic diseases such as Opana ER by Endo Pharmaceuticals, Nucynta ER by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Exalgo by Mallinckrodt, Fentanyl by Actavis, Avinza by Pfizer etc. Extended release drugs mostly include special coating that make the drug to stay for a longer period of time. Extended release drugs is mostly used to prevent from chronic pain and other diseases. Thus, with increasing prevalence, the extended release drugs will boost the growth of the market.
Extended Release Drugs: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global extended release drugs market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and Asia Pacific excluding Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America holds significant revenue share in the extended release drugs market due to rising adoption of novel therapeutics and growing investments in research and development will propel the growth of extended release drugs market. Europe market witness to trigger the growth of the extended release drugs market due to significant rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, COPD, diabetes etc. and increasing approval of novel drugs will boost the growth of the extended release drugs market. Asia Pacific also have the potential in fostering the growth of the extended release drugs market due to increasing pharmaceutical companies in development of various diseases. Japan seems to have significant potential to grow in the overall extended release drugs market due to growing number of geriatric population. Middle East & Africa have relatively less growth in extended release drugs market due to lack of investment in research and development and low economy growth which as a result will hinder the growth of the extended release drugs market.
Extended Release Drugs Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present across the value chain of the global extended release drugs market are Pfizer, Mallinckrodt, Actavis, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Purdue Pharma, Lavipharm Labs, Mylan Technologies, Noven, Aveva, Watson, Impax, Ranbaxy and others
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Extended Release Drugs Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Extended Release Drugs Market: Segmentation
The global extended release drugs market is segmented by drug release types and distributional channel
Extended Release Drugs Market Segmentation by Drug Release
- Sustained Release
- Controlled Release
Extended Release Drugs Market Segmentation by Distributional Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Mail Order Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Extended Release Drugs Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Extended Release Drugs Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Extended Release Drugs Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Extended Release Drugs Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)