This Release Tapes market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Release Tapes market.
Release Tapes Market: An Overview
Release tapes are industrial adhesive tapes which are used during the production of electronic devices, these tapes are used for temporary fixation as well as permanent mounting of goods. Release tapes need to be peeled off for applying on any substrate, these tapes can be used at an extensive range of temperature. Among other adhesive tapes used in industrial adhesive tapes market, release tapes are considered significant because of their application in the electronics industry. Release tapes are used in the manufacturing of semiconductors. The distinctive characteristic which sets release tapes apart from other industrial tapes is that these tapes do not damage the surface on removal. This makes release tapes a preferred choice for manufacturers. There are various kinds of release tapes like thermal release tapes, back grinding tapes, and more. Thermal release tapes can be used at room temperature and need to be heated before peeling off. Thermal release tapes, like most adhesive tapes, adhere at a wide range of temperatures and get quickly released on applying heat without leaving an imprint on the substrate.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Owing to the increased usage of semiconductor equipment in the manufacturing sector, the demand for release tapes is expected to propel during the forecast period. Penetration of semiconductor equipment is growing in the manufacturing industry as they are compact, multi-functional yet cost-effective. They prove to be specifically useful in automotive industry owing to the demand for driver assistance and autonomous driving features on vehicles in the automotive industry. This is anticipated to be a major driving force behind the growth of the release tapes market.
According to the prediction of Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), consumer electronics retail revenue would be $351 billion, a 3.9% increase over 2017. By July 2018, the CEA had raised its projection to $377 billion. The increase in consumer spending and consumer inclination towards electronic gadgets such as smartphones, home automation devices, electronic wearables etc. has been a major driver for the electronics industry. This trend is expected to translate into the growth of release tapes market globally. Along with this, a steady growth in manufacturing and construction sectors, is expected to expand the demand for release tapes during the forecast period.
Presence of other application specific industrial tapes such as anti-static tapes, copper foil tape, and others might hamper the release tapes market.
Release Tapes Market: Segmentation
Globally, the release tapes market has been segmented on the basis of product type, material, and end-use.
Release Tapes Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global release tapes market has been divided into seven key regions - North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excl. Japan, Middle East & Africa, and Japan. Africa and Latin America region is expected to pose a high potential for the growth of the release tapes market as they have a relatively lower penetration of electronics, which is anticipated to improve during the forecast period. This, in turn, will result in increased demand for release tapes in these markets. The Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing market for release tapes owing to the booming electronics manufacturing in the region. Governing bodies of various countries are taking initiatives to increase electronics manufacturing activities in their respective countries. India, for instance, has allowed 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the electronics sector. This is expected to create ample opportunities for the growth of the release tapes market in the region. Developed markets such as North America and Europe are expected to witness a steady demand for the release tapes during the forecast period. While the electronics sector is expected to grow between 2% and 5% in 2018, the U.S. consumer electronics market is expected to witness above average growth of about 6% which is further expected to propel the demand for release tapes.
Release Tapes Market: Key players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global release tape market are Toray Plastics Inc, Lintec of America, Inc., Mainelecom Co., Ltd., Airtech Advanced Materials Group, Nitto Denko Corporation, Semiconductor Equipment Corp., Shanghai Huishi Package Material Co., Ltd, and more. Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global release tapes market during the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global release tapes market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with release tapes market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on release tapes market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Release Tapes Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of product, the global release tapes market has been segmented into -
- Thermal Release Tapes
- Single-coated Adhesive Tapes
- Dual-coated Adhesive Tapes
- Back-grinding Tapes
- UV Tapes
- Non-UV Tapes
On the basis of material, the global release tapes market has been segmented into –
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene (PTFE)
- Polyethylene (PE)
On the basis of end use, the global release tapes market has been segmented into -
- Electronic Products
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing release tapes market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth release tape market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected release tapes market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in release tapes market
- Competitive landscape of the release tapes market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on release tapes market performance
- Must-have information for release tapes market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Release Tapes Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Release Tapes Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Release Tapes Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Release Tapes Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)