This Saline Laxative market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Saline Laxative market.
Constipation is a health condition in which a person has lack of regular bowel movements. Constipation is associated with many factors which include changes in usual diet, eating a lot of dairy products, stress and not being active. Patients who are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome,Parkinson’sdisease & multiple sclerosis and problems with the nerves and muscles in the digestive system also causes the constipation. Saline laxatives are one type of medication available in the market to treat the constipation. Saline laxatives also used for rapid emptying of the lower intestine to perform surgery or to provide a fresh tool sample for examination. In the gastro intestinal tract, saline laxatives draw the water into intestine and thus, the hard stool become soften and also increases the pressure within intestine resulting discharge of faeces. Saline laxatives are available in various formulations includechewable tablets, suspensions, solutions, suppositories and enemas. Suppositories and enemas are administered through rectal route and tablets and solutions are administered through oral route. Rectal route is one of the choice to treat constipation when oral route is not effective. However, excessive use of saline laxative leads to loss of weight and patient become dependent on saline laxatives for regular bowl movements. In January 2014, U.S. FDA warned that, using of saline laxative more than once in a 24 hours leads to kidney damage in a patients.
Generally, saline laxative contains ions including magnesium, citrate, sulphate, and phosphate ions which helps to drag the water into intestine. Fleet phospho-soda, magnesium citrate and milk of magnesia are some of the examples of saline laxatives. However, patient has to take precautions while using saline laxative drugs in a pregnancy and breast feeding conditions. Over use of saline laxative may cause severe health problems. Saline laxatives are contraindicated in a patient who has suffering from kidney related diseases, congestive heart failure (CHF), decreased intravascular volume, impaired renal functions dehydration and uncorrected electrolyte abnormalities.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Over the past few years, population who are suffering from constipation is increasing notably, and is expected to drive the overall saline laxative market over the forecast period. Sedentary lifestyle leading to lack of functional activity of nerves and muscles in the intestine and increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders, are also expected to drive the saline laxative market. However, availability of other substitute products include chemical substances and herbal drugs are expected to hamper the saline laxative market.
Depending on geographic region, Saline Laxative Market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is estimated to contribute maximum revenue share in the global market of Saline Laxative followed by Europe. Asia Pacific regions are expected to grow at a higher growth rate owing to high occurrence of gastro intestinal disease. Middle East & Africa is expected to show a healthy growth rate in a forecast period.
Saline Laxative Market: Key Players
Key players of Saline Laxative Market are McKesson Corporation, Safeway Inc., Supervalu Inc, Walgreen Company, Amerisourcebergen Corporation, Cardinal Health, Major Pharmaceuticals, The Kroger Company, Family Dollar Stores, Inc. and others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology, material and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Saline Laxative Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Saline Laxative Market by Product Type
- Fleet Phospho-Soda
- Magnesium Citrate
- Milk Of Magnesia
- Di Basic Sodium Phosphate
- Sodium Phosphate Mono Basic
Saline Laxative Market by Distribution Channel
- Drug store
- Hospital Pharmacies
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Saline Laxative MarketSegments
- Saline Laxative MarketDynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Saline Laxative MarketSize & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand
- Saline Laxative MarketCurrent Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Saline Laxative MarketDrivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size
- Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Saline Laxative Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Saline Laxative Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Saline Laxative Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Saline Laxative Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)