This Biopolymers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biopolymers market.
Polymers and plastics are generally used in coating and packaging applications. Around 80% polymeric materials are produced from the petroleum industry, while processing fossil fuels. The burgeoning use of plastics is burdening the environment with its increasing carbon footprint due to greenhouse gas emissions, along with other factors such as soil and ground water pollution. Thus arising a need for environment-friendly alternatives. The growing focus towards sustainable development is expected to create an opportunity for bio-based plastics and polymers in the coming years. Biopolymers are polymers that are degradable when subjected to moisture and heat, under the action of micro-organisms. They are made from waste starch, biomass and other renewable feed stock. There are some commercially available polymers (such as polylactic acid, bio-nano composites and polyhydroxyalkanoate, etc.) which are used in the electronics and automotive industries. Governments are encouraging the use of biodegradable polymers over conventional polymers so as to reduce carbon footprint. Some major automotive companies are now opting for biopolymers in their vehicles; for instance, the Ford Motor Company is using biopolymers for interior applications.
Global Biopolymers Market: Market Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Fluctuation in crude oil prices, limited availability of petroleum resources and awareness towards ecological problems are key factors propelling the growth of the global biopolymers market during the forecast period. Changing political conditions and environmental regulations on carbon emissions and plastic usage are also forecasted to boost the global biopolymers market over the forecast period. Despite being a niche market, the biopolymers market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. In addition to this, raw materials required in the manufacturing of biopolymers are obtained from agricultural wastes. Thus biopolymer production can prove to be a sustainable alternative in waste management. Being bio-degradable, biopolymers can also help in reducing carbon dioxide emissions. Owing to these advantages, there is a mushrooming interest in biopolymer manufacturing which will consequently drive the growth of the global biopolymers market over the forecast period.
However, costing is a significant issue for biopolymers. According to the European Bioplastics Association, the cost of biopolymers (owing to the manufacturing cost) is still pretty steep. This could manifest as a major challenge for the global biopolymers market during the forecast period.
Joint ventures with companies for manufacturing and investments in the research and development of biopolymers are the recent trends observed across the globe. Major biopolymer manufacturing companies are located in Western Europe, U.S., Japan and China, among others.
Global Biopolymers Market: Segmentation
Global Biopolymers Market: Regional Outlook
Europe is a major consumer of biopolymers in the global biopolymers market. Attributing to the laws and regulations in this region, Europe is estimated to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. After Europe, North America is forecasted to account for a major share by 2016 end. This region is estimated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is projected to witness robust growth in the global biopolymers market over the forecast period. This is mainly attributed to rapid industrialization and the need to curb pollution from manmade plastics and synthetic polymers in these regions. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to invest in the research and development of biopolymers during the forecast period.
Global Biopolymers Market: Market Participants
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biopolymers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of product type, the global biopolymers market is segmented as below:
- Poly lactic acid (PLA)
- Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
- Biodegradable polyesters
- Others (biodegradable starch blends, biodegradable polyesters etc.)
On the basis of application, the global biopolymers market is segmented as below:
- Agriculture seed coatings
- Automotive interior parts
- Others (medical implants)
On the basis of end-use industry, the global biopolymers market is segmented as below:
- Food & Beverage
- Electrical & Electronics
Examples of some of the major participants operating in the global biopolymers market are mentioned below:
- BASF SE
- Braskem S.A.
- Meredian Holdings Group Inc.
- NatureWorks LLC
- Corbion NV
- Metabolix, Inc.
- Danimer Scientific
- Biopolymer International
- Solanyl Biopolymers
- HARBEC, Inc.
- Metabolix Inc.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Aircraft Refurbishing Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Biopolymers Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Biopolymers Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Biopolymers Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Biopolymers Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.