This Centrifugal Blood Pump market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Centrifugal Blood Pump market.
Centrifugal Blood Pump: Market Insights
Centrifugal blood pump, in general, is used as a cardiotomy suction device to pump blood through the extracorporeal bypass circuit to offer extracorporeal circulatory support during a cardiopulmonary bypass cardiac surgery. The increased demand for electronic centrifugal blood pumps from hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers is substantially increasing the revenue growth of centrifugal blood pump market. Process optimization through centrifugal blood pump enables to manage cost of surgery for cardiopulmonary bypass. In order to perform critical cardiac surgery, highly advanced centrifugal blood pumps equipped with smart pump driving features such as external drive motor, the emergency handcrank are designed. Extracorporeal blood pumps are temporarily used as ventricular assist devices and are utilized to carry out extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. Also, centrifugal pumps have various advantage over roller pumps in a way that they show improved blood handling capacity, free hemoglobin, and platelet count. Also, centrifugal pumps are small in size and holds less capital investment and low maintenance costs. On this account, centrifugal blood pump market experience increased demand from end users to carry out a smooth cardiac surgery with improved blood handling. Centrifugal Blood Pump have vast application in cardiopulmonary bypass surgery and various clinical needs. They are used by hospitals, specialty clinics and ambulatory surgical centers thereby increasing the revenue generation in centrifugal blood pump market. On the basis of product type, Centrifugal Blood Pump are broadly categorized into three types including non – occlusive centrifugal pump, preload dependent centrifugal pump, and afterload dependent centrifugal pump. Specific regulations for using centrifugal blood pumps in cardiac bypass have been made by the regional regulatory that has to be followed during their use. The rising demand for reduced procedure costs coupled with efficient results contributes majorly to the revenue generation in centrifugal blood pump market. Also, constant need to meet required standards of surgery protocol and to attain adequate clinical efficiency is further anticipated to drive the growth of centrifugal blood pump market.
Centrifugal Blood Pump: Market Dynamics
Growing demand for improved cardiac surgery which necessitates the use of advanced centrifugal blood pumps is expected to be the key factor driving growth of centrifugal blood pump market. The low priming volume and limited contact surfaces of a centrifugal blood pump makes it a potential pump for clinical applications. Also, the urgency to meet the surgery standards and availability of novel pumps with technological innovations such as lightweight centrifugal sealless blood pump having unique spherical thrust bearing and magnetic coupling are some other factors propelling the growth of centrifugal blood pump market. Centrifugal blood pumps show least blood trauma during a cardiac surgery when compared with other pumps mainly roller pumps. However, the accumulation of ferrous particles at the impeller causes the pump to stop after some time, this is expected to limit the growth of centrifugal blood pump market. As centrifugal pumps use rotation in place of suction to move blood they have least suction power, thus it needs to be primed before being used in order to carry out efficient cardiac surgery.
Centrifugal Blood Pump Market: Overview
Based on pump type, non – occlusive centrifugal pump segment accounts for the largest revenue share in the centrifugal blood pump market on the account of being highly used pump in the cardiopulmonary bypass in cardiovascular surgery. It helps to attain necessary blood flow into the patient’s body during the surgery. These pumps are majorly used to provide ventricular assistance, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and percutaneous cardiopulmonary support. On the basis of motor type, electronic centrifugal pumps account for larger demand in centrifugal blood pump market as compared with the mechanical ones. Centrifugal pumps are disposable and are costly and more preferred when compared with the roller pumps. This in turn is one of the factor driving the revenue generation in centrifugal blood pump market to perform critical cardiovascular surgery.
Centrifugal Blood Pump Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, North America is the leading market for centrifugal blood pump owing to the increasing footprint of local manufacturers and suppliers in the market as well as rising patient base undergoing cardiac surgeries. This is followed by the Western European market due to increased presence of hospitals performing cardiac surgeries, thereby generating high demand for centrifugal blood pumps. However, Asia Pacific market is expected to be the highly potential market for centrifugal blood pump due to the growing set up of new manufacturing units. Latin America followed by Middle East and Africa represents the least market share and growth rate in the global centrifugal blood pump.
Centrifugal Blood Pump Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present in global centrifugal blood pump market are Medtronic Plc., Bio-Medicus, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc., 3-M Health Care, Kyocera Corporation, Baxter International, Thoratec Corporation and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Centrifugal Blood Pump Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Centrifugal Blood Pump Market: Segmentation
The global Centrifugal Blood Pump market is segmented by pump type, motor type, end user and region:
Segmentation by Pump Type
- Non – Occlusive Centrifugal Pump
- Preload Dependent Centrifugal Pump
- Afterload Dependent Centrifugal Pump
Segmentation by Motor Type
Segmentation by End User
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Centrifugal Blood Pump Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Centrifugal Blood Pump Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Centrifugal Blood Pump Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Centrifugal Blood Pump Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)