This Corundum market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Corundum market.
Corundum is a class of minerals, best known for the gem varieties such as ruby and sapphire, which are essentially the same mineral albeit of different colors. Corundum is a hard and highly stable mineral. It is the hardest mineral after diamond, making it the world’s second hardest mineral for all practical purpose. Chemically Corundum is nothing but aluminum oxide and it can be easily synthesized industrially. Synthetic corundum can be manufactured by adding small quantities of color producing elements to the solution of Corundum, which is then left to solidify in a predetermined shape. The process of synthetic production of Corundum is known as Verneuil Process. Corundum minerals are available in different colors. The most common varieties of Corundum are Emery (Black), Padparadschah (Pink and orange variety of Sapphire), Ruby (Pink or red), Green Sapphire, Blue Sapprihe, Star Ruby, and Star Sapphire among some others.
The main application of Corundum is as precious stones. The gemstones that fall under Corundum minerals are perhaps the most sought after precious stones after diamond. Apart from the highly popular Red Rubies and Blue Sapphires, rare gemstones such as Padparadschah have witnessed an increasing demand in the jewellery market owing to its uncommon color. Non gem Corundum such as black Emery finds use as abrasive owing to its natural hardness. Brown Corundum is used as deburring agent due to its ability to smoothen ragged edges. It is also used for sand blasting, grinding and plunge cutting. White Corundum are less hard and more angular compared to its brown counterpart. However it exhibits faster rate of work and produce less heat upon friction. It is often used to polish glass. White Corundum also finds applications in vitrified grinding wheels, as sharpening agent for cutting tools, and precision milling equipments among other similar applications. The market for synthetically produced Corundum is driven by these industrial abrasion applications. The gemstone market is however driven by natural Corundum which are mined and processed.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
North America is one of the largest markets for Corundum, and there is a huge demand for artificial Corundum in the region due to the lack of natural occurrence. Europe also accounts for a considerable demand for the mineral. The demand is especially high from the manufacturing economies in the region such as Germany, Turkey and the U.K. In the Asia Pacific China is a major producer and consumer of artificial Corundum. Other than China countries such as India, Thailand, Korea and Japan are the major manufacturers of Corundum.
Natural Corundum is mined from several countries such as Myanmar, India, Thailand, Afghanistan, Cambodia, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. In the recent years some of the African countries have turned out to be significant producers of Corundum. Madagascar is especially rich in this mineral. Apart from Madagascar they are found in abundance in the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania. Emery is also found in North American countries including the U.S. and Canada.
Some of the players in the Corundum market are K.A. Refractories Co. Ltd., Swarovski Gemstones, Alteo Alumina, Henge Group and Riken corundum Co. Ltd. among many others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Corundum Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size & Forecast 2015 -2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Corundum Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Corundum Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Corundum Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Corundum Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.