This Formalin market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Formalin market.
Formalin Market: Introduction
Formalin is a solution of formaldehyde in water, which generally contains 40% formaldehyde by volume or 37% formaldehyde by mass. In Formalin, a small amount of methanol, which acts a stabilizer, is added to suppress polymerization and oxidation. Generally, formalin contains 10% - 12% methanol depending on the grade.
Formalin is an explosive, flammable, toxic and colorless liquid. Formalin vapor combines with air to form an explosive compound. Therefore, high safety and attention is essential while working with Formalin. Formalin is transported in stainless steel and aluminium rail tanks,rain barrels, tank cars and polyethylene barrels or cans. It acts as a disinfectant and is used as a hardener in nail paints to strengthen and harden natural nails. It also acts a fixative (preservative), which prevents the autolytic decomposition of human tissue that has been removed by surgery. Formalin is used as a preservative for tissue worldwide. It is used in a number of industries, such as paper, paint, textile, construction and plastic chemicals. Formalin containing 15% methanol is applied on fish to inhibit the formation of paraformaldehyde. In India, the use of formalin in any kind of food products, expect milk product samples used for analytical purposes, is prohibited.
Formalin Market: Dynamics
The growing trend of antique furniture and wood based floors, walls, etc. is increasing the consumption of plywood, wood panel board products and particleboard. This, in turn, is leading to an increase in the consumption of adhesives and is thereby impacting the formalin market positively.
The growing demand for food is spurring growth of the agricultural industry, which in turn is expected to drive formalin production. The increasing interest of people towards maintenance of houses and buildings is surging the consumption and application of paints & coatings, varnishes, enamels, etc. This is expected to lead formalin consumption and propel growth of the formalin market during the forecast period.
The use of formalin in food products for preservation is expected to pose a restraint in the growth of the formalin market. For instance, the Bangladesh Government has passed a bill for the hoarding, production and import of formalin without license. Formalin can be disposed through a proper chemical waste disposal system whereas Formalternate can be disposed normally.
Formalin Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific, especially emerging economies, such as India and China, are expected to witness growth in the formalin market. This can be attributed to the growing population in these countries. The increase in population is necessitating increased food production and, in turn, putting pressure on farmers, who are consuming higher amounts of fertilizers and thus, fueling the market. North America and Europe are expected to witness significant growth in the formalin market due to the presence of numerous drug and dye industries in the region, which are expected to accelerate the consumption of formalin during the forecast period.
The formalin markets in Middle East and Latin America are expected to witness growth during the forecast period due to anticipated growth in the Latin America agricultural industry and the increasing number of construction projects in the Middle East and Africa region is also reflecting positive growth in the use of wood products, which in turn is surging the consumption of formalin.
Formalin Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the formalin market are:
- Balaji Formalin
- Georgia-Pacific Chemicals
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- Editas Medicine
- Fish Vet Forward
- Thermo Scientific
- Mirus Bio LLC
- Merck KGaA
- MarketLab, Inc.,
- Shiny Chemical Industrial Co.,
- Kronochem Sebes SR
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Formalin Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Formalin Market: Segmentation
The formalin market can be segmented on the basis of the end use application:
- Antiseptic perfume
- Automotive exteriors and Interiors
- Rubber Chemicals
- Others (Milk products, Varnishes and enamels etc.)
The formalin market can be segmented on the basis on the percentage of formaldehyde in formalin:
- 20 %-40 %
- 40 % - 60 %
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Formalin Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Formalin Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Formalin Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Formalin Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.