This Long Acting Beta Agonists market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Long Acting Beta Agonists market.
Long-acting beta-agonists or long-acting beta adrenergic receptor agonists are class of drugs used in the management of asthma by relaxing the muscles surrounding the bronchial tubes and facilitating the opening the airways wider. Long-acting beta-agonists have a longer duration of action of at least 12 hours.
Long-Acting Beta-Agonists Market: Drivers and Restraints
The growing demand generated due to increasing incidence of asthma and congestive obstructive pulmonary diseases owing to increasing exposure to risk factors such as growing geriatric and younger population, being overweight, sedentary lifestyles, exposure to allergens and others which is driving a large market. The lower demand for medication owing to the long duration of action of 12 hours in comparison with the 4 to 5 hour duration of short acting beta agonists, making the long-acting beta-agonists ideal candidates for treating nocturnal and chronic asthma.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost 1 in 13 people in the U.S. suffer from asthma representing almost 26 million Americans. In terms of demographics 8.3 percent of adults and 8.3 percent of children suffer from asthma.
The CDC also states that asthma is more common in children than adults, with a prevalence of more than 6 million under the age of 18 in the U.S. In clinical terms asthma is responsible for 14.2 million physicians visits, and 1.8 million emergency visits per year in the U.S. and is the third highest ranking cause of hospitalization among children younger than 15 years.
Speaking in economic terms , asthma costs about $3,266 per patient, which includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity. According to the CDC asthma resulted in $50.3 billion in medical costs to the U.S. from 2008-2013, which is a whopping $81.9 billion in annual economic cost. Thus a large long-acting beta-agonists market is well evident even to an untrained eye. The growing mortality is another driver of the market as in 2015 alone, 3,615 U.S. citizens died from asthma. Technological advancements resulting in product development such as the development of smart inhalers is driving a faster long-acting beta-agonists market adoption.
However, the falling cost of long-acting beta-agonists, competition from alternative drug therapy, and the lower per capita income of the developing world is hampering the long-acting beta-agonists market.
Long-Acting Beta-Agonists Market: Regional Wise Outlook
The global long-acting beta-agonists market can be classified into the following region: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America, led by the U.S., is expected to drive the largest market share owing to the attractive reimbursement healthcare expenditure, and large number of high income patients.
The Asia Pacific long-acting beta-agonists market excluding Japan is projected to expand and dominate the scene in the near future, owing to the growing healthcare and large young population.
China and India are anticipated to account for the major share of the Asia Pacific long-acting beta-agonists market growth. Germany, France and the U.K., are projected to be the largest drivers of the Europe long-acting beta-agonists market. The Middle East and Africa long-acting beta-agonists market is anticipated to be dominated by the gulf economies of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar.
Long-Acting Beta-Agonists Market: Market Participants
Some of the major vendors operating in the global long-acting beta-agonists market are Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd., AstraZeneca plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Mylan Inc. and others.
The global long-acting beta-agonists report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The Long-Acting Beta-Agonists report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K., Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Long Acting Beta Agonists Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost 1 in 13 people in the U.S. suffer from asthma representing almost 26 million Americans. In terms of demographics 8.3 percent of adults and 8.3 percent of children suffer from asthma. The CDC also states that asthma is more common in children than adults, with a prevalence of more than 6 million under the age of 18 in the U.S. In clinical terms asthma is responsible for 14.2 million physicians visits, and 1.8 million emerge
To gain a bird’s eye view of the global long-acting beta-agonists market, the report is segmented on the basis of alloys, valve type, and region.
Based on the molecule, the global Long-Acting Beta-Agonists market can be segmented as,
Based on the formulation, the global Long-Acting Beta-Agonists market can be segmented as,
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Long Acting Beta Agonists Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Long Acting Beta Agonists Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Long Acting Beta Agonists Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Long Acting Beta Agonists Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)