This Nutrigenomic market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nutrigenomic market.
Nutrigenomics Market Outlook
Nutrigenomics is a novel technology that is designed to build the gap between nutrition and advanced genetics. Nutrigenomics is a tool that is developed for medical professionals to understand the consumer’s metabolic needs and then recommend the nutritional supplements accordingly. Nutrigenomics allows a personalized nutritional recommendation for an individual. Nutrigenomics focuses on Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) that account for 90% of the variation in the human genome. Nutrigenomics uses tools such as biomarkers, clinical data, and genomic assays. Nutrigenomics helps to identify the chances of occurrence of a disease and enables to get personalized treatment for it. Nutrigenomics has applications in hospitals, research organizations, dietary supplement industry, pharmaceutical industry, etc.
Increasing Demand for Personalized Products is Propelling the Nutrigenomics Market
The increase in the prevalence of diabetes, other chronic diseases is anticipated to increase the demand for nutrigenomics. According to the World Health Organization, in 2016, approximately 1.6 million deaths occurred due to diabetes and was the seventh leading cause of death in the world. Chronic diseases are the major cause of death all across the globe. By 2020, the chronic diseases are anticipated to rise up to 73% of the total deaths. The most common chronic diseases are cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and diabetes. As the health-awareness is increasing, the consumers are willing to pay more so as to live a healthy lifestyle. The demand for personalized products is anticipated to increase to reduce the risk of diseases and disorders. The demand for personalized products is anticipated to boosts the demand for nutrigenomics.
Also, the number of obese and overweight population is increasing at a high rate. According to the WHO, in 2016, more than 340 million children of age ranging from five to nineteen were obese or overweight. The global prevalence of obesity has almost tripled from 1975 to 2016. The increase in weight management issues is anticipated to increase the demand for weight loss supplements and medicines. Thus, the manufacturers in pharmaceutical and dietary supplement industries are anticipated to opt for nutrigenomics to study the metabolic profile of the patients and to provide the solutions accordingly.
In recent years, the companies are trying to use nutrigenomics to optimize the nutrition intake that would help in reducing the chances of diseases at all stages of life. The increasing demand for healthy personalized products is expected to increase the inclination of food manufacturers towards the use of nutrigenomics so as to formulate personalized products, which is estimated to increase the demand for nutrigenomics in the food industry.
Nutrigenomics Market: Regional Analysis
The demand for nutrigenomics is estimated to grow at a high rate in the North America region. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), by 2030, around 42% of the population in America is estimated to suffer from obesity. As the awareness about obesity increases, the consumer inclination towards the use of personalized products is projected to increase. Thus, the increase in the number of obesity is expected to serve as a major driver for the increase in the demand for nutrigenomics in the North America region.
Asia Pacific region also creates an excellent opportunity for the companies that provide nutrigenomics service. The increase in the prevalence of diabetes and obesity are anticipated to serve as a major driver for the increase in the demand for nutrigenomics. According to the WHO, by 2030, the occurrence of diabetes in India is anticipated to reach around 79 million. Malaysia has a huge problem of obesity and tops the list for the highest prevalence of diabetes and obesity in the South-East Asia region. Thus, the increasing cases of diabetes and obesity are estimated to have a positive impact on the nutrigenomics market.
Nutrigenomics Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market players in the nutrigenomics market are:
- GX Sciences, Inc
- Cura Integrative Medicine
- Metagenics, Inc
- XCODE Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Nutrigenomics New Zealand
- Ora Organic
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the nutrigenomics market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as end-use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Nutrigenomics Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to nutrigenomics market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in nutrigenomics market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of nutrigenomics
- Value Chain Analysis of the nutrigenomics market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nutrigenomic Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Nutrigenomics Market Segmentation
The nutrigenomics market can be segmented on the basis of end-use-
On the basis of end-use, the nutrigenomics market can be segmented as:
- Food and Beverage
- Functional Foods and Dietary Supplement
- Academic and Research Organizations
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the nutrigenomics market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the nutrigenomics market
- Competitive landscape of the nutrigenomics market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on nutrigenomics market performance
- Must-have information for nutrigenomics market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Nutrigenomic Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Nutrigenomic Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Nutrigenomic Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Nutrigenomic Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)