This Annatto market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Annatto market.
Annatto is the dried seed derived from Bixa Orellana L. Annatto plant which is mostly grown in tropical countries. Annatto is primarily used as a condiment and food coloring in food industry and also have application in textile and cosmetic industry. Annatto is used to impart red or orange color in the food products, it is depends upon the form of usage. Demand for annatto is increasing in the global market due to its property of good heat stability and solubility in oil and water, it provides flexibility to use in varieties of applications such as spices, dairy products, culinary food, cosmetic products, dye etc. In addition, the demand for annatto is also increasing as a natural colorant in food and beverage industry due to stringent regulations of government on the use of synthetic or artificial food colors as it contains chemicals. In terms of consumption, U.S. accounts to highest market share in the global market and in terms of production Brazil and Peru are the major annatto producing countries in the world.
Global Annatto Market: Market Drivers
Some of the key factors which are driving the demand for annatto in the global market are due to its natural color as it is directly extract from plants. Increasing demand for dairy products and beverages in developed and developing regions has also led to increase in demand for natural colors as to give natural flavor and aroma. Increasing number of health conscious consumers and stringent regulations of government towards usage of chemicals and artificial ingredients in food and beverage industry has increased the demand for natural food colors in the global market. Demand for annatto is also driving from textile industry for dye purpose. Textile manufacturers use annatto as a natural dying ingredient and in the cosmetic industry it is gaining demand as natural ingredient especially among brands which uses all-natural ingredients in their cosmetic products.
Global Annatto Market: Market Segment
Annatto market has been segmented on the basis of form and application. On the basis of form, its market segment includes powder and liquid. In form of powder and liquid, it has usage on the basis of type of solubility which includes water soluble and liquid soluble. Further, annatto segment is segmented on the basis of an application which includes food and beverage industry, cosmetics and in the textile industry. Among this segment, food and beverage industry is expected to show robust growth over the forecast period. The majority of its application in food and beverage industry such as in culinary, bakery products, beverages, dairy products such as cheese, butter etc. Demand for annatto is also expected to grow in near future due to increasing demand for natural color ingredients in cosmetics products, especially in developed countries such as America and Europe. A primary powdered form of annatto is used in products such as soaps, skin care, lotions, blush powders etc.
Global Annatto Market: Regional Segment
On the basis of the regional segment, the market for annatto is segmented in seven different regions including North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan and the Middle East & Africa. It is expected that highest demand for annatto is from North America, Western Europe, and Asia Pacific countries. It is expected that North America accounts for highest market share in terms of both value and volume over the forecast period. In terms of production, Latin America region is the highest producer of annatto in the global market.
Global Annatto Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global annatto market are Wild Flavors, Amerilure, Inc., Monterey Bay Spice Co., Vinayak Ingredients (India) Pvt. Ltd., Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, DDW The Colour House, FMC Corporation, AICA COLOR SAC, Kalsec Inc. and Aarkay Food Products Ltd.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Annatto Market Segments
- Annatto Market Dynamics
- Annatto Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Annatto Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Annatto Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Annatto Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Annatto Technology
- Value Chain
- Annatto Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Annatto Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Annatto Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Annatto Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Annatto Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Annatto Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Annatto Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)