This Atherosclerosis market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Atherosclerosis market.
Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the vein as a result of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a particular kind of arteriosclerosis (stiffening or solidifying of the artery walls). The illness disturbs the stream of blood around the body, posturing genuine cardiovascular entanglements. Atherosclerosis begins when the endothelium gets to be harmed, permitting LDL cholesterol to aggregate in the artery wall. The body sends macrophage white platelets to tidy up the cholesterol. However some of the time the cells stall out there at the influenced site. After some time this outcome in plaque being developed, comprising of terrible cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and macrophage white platelets. The plaque obstructs the corridor, upsetting the stream of blood around the body. This possibly causes blood clusters that can bring about existence undermining conditions, for example, heart assault, stroke and other cardiovascular ailments. Besides aging, aspects that upsurge the risk of atherosclerosis include: High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, smoking or other tobacco use, family history of early heart disease, lack of exercise and an unhealthy diet.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Atherosclerosis Market: Drivers and Restraints
Growing incidence of heart attacks due to atherosclerosis or coronary heart disease is expected to increase demand for atherosclerosis treatment products. The rise in the aging population is expected to propel demand over the forecast period. As per CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), coronary illness accounts for around 610,000 deaths per year in the United States- roughly being responsible for 1 of every 4 deaths reported. Coronary illness is the most widely recognized kind of coronary illness, killing more than 370,000 individuals every year. This increase in the baby boomer population is expected to add to the patient pool of atherosclerosis and thus in turn increase demand for treatment over the forecast period. The development in atherosclerosis market is determined by expanded prevalence, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, hypertension, dyslipidemia, an especially decrease in high thickness cholesterol (HDL-C), and elevated cholesterol slim down. Medications to treat Atherosclerosis incorporates statins, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, beta-blockers (BB), antiplatelets, calcium channel blockers (CCBs) and nitrates. With the dispatch of first-in-class pipeline molecules, for example, Yosprala (headache medicine and omeprazole), Praluent (alirocumab), Dalcetrapib (RG1658), Vorapaxar (SCH 530348), Canakinumab (ACZ885), Varespladib (A 002), Aliskiren, Generx, Xarelto (rivaroxaban), Anacetrapib (MK0859), and others are relied upon to get propelled in the forecasting period. New contestants in the atherosclerosis market have indicated expanded adequacy and security profiles along with the reduction of CHD risk factors. Atherosclerosis or coronary artery disease showcase likewise has two different methods of treatment, which are coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) and angioplasty. The CAD death rate is very high contrasted with different maladies because of coronary events connected with CAD, including myocardial infections (MI), angina and strokes. In this way, the counteractive action of such events remains an undiscovered region of research and development for pharmaceutical organizations to bring novel medications into the market. However, the absence of definitive treatment, side effects and limited efficacy of the drugs available in the market and dependency in symptom based treatment in several cases is expected to hamper revenue growth of the atherosclerosis market over the forecast period.
Atherosclerosis Market: Overview
The global market for atherosclerosis is expected to witness robust growth owing to increasing incidence rate of the heart problems coupled with new treatment (branded and generic) approach.
Atherosclerosis Market: Region – wise Outlook
Globally the atherosclerosis market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America and Western Europe are expected to be the leading markets in the global atherosclerosis market. Rising treatment options among the aging population, prescription rates, and the maturing worldwide population are additionally considered vital drivers for this market. High awareness and easy available diagnostic tests are expected to boost demand for RSV infection treatment products in these regions. Japan and APEJ are expected to follow next in terms of demand for the treatment of atherosclerosis market. Eastern Europe, Latin America, and MEA markets are also expected to witness above average growth over the forecast period. The absence of population-based studies in developing countries is a major challenge in the assessment of RSV-related infections in these countries.
Atherosclerosis Market: Participants
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis AG
- Johnson and Johnson
- Bayer AG
- The Medicine Company
- Cardium Therapeutics
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, and technology.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- APEJ (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative, and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Atherosclerosis Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Atherosclerosis Market: Segmentation
- Cholesterol-lowering medications
- Antiplatelet drugs and anticoagulants
- Beta blockers
- Diuretics, or water pills
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ace) inhibitors
- Bypass surgery (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG))
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Atherosclerosis Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Atherosclerosis Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Atherosclerosis Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Atherosclerosis Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)