This Barometer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Barometer market.
Barometer Market: Definition and Introduction
Barometer is an instrument which is used for the measurement of atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure (also known as barometric pressure), is the force exerted on Earth’s surface per unit area by the overlying air (or, the atmosphere). The barometer device has been around since hundreds of years, with Galileo’s disciple Evangelista Torricelli widely accepted as the inventor of the world’s first working barometer in the year 1643. As with many scientific discoveries, the development of a barometer was a kind of unintended consequence, and came around when Torricelli was actually conducting an experiment to prove the existence of vacuum. Ever since Aristotle, the widely held idea among scientific thinkers at the time was that the vacuum cannot exist in nature. The development of the barometer proved the existence of vacuum, and led to significant new developments in the scientific understanding of the relationship between air pressure and the surroundings. The earliest barometer developed was based on a vacuumed vertical tube that stood vertically on a cistern filled with liquid mercury. These mercury based barometer devices were in use for much of the 17th century, up until the development of a non-liquid barometer, also known as the aneroid barometer in 1840. The aneroid barometer was much smaller in size compared to the mercury barometer, could be transported easily and was also cheaper. By the start of the 20th century, these aneroid barometer devices had gained wide popularity and were available for professionals and as well as personal use. The modern age of late 20th century and early 21st century has witnessed the emergence of barometer devices that are based on pressure sensing devices and find use in many applications other than metrology.
Considering these aspects of the Barometer, the study of the trends and forecasts of the Barometer market becomes an important read.
Barometer Market: Dynamics
A barometer is used to measure atmospheric pressure, as well as changes in atmospheric pressure at a location compared to the standard atmospheric pressure at mean sea level. Since changes in atmospheric pressure are a reliable indicator of existing and impending weather conditions, barometer devices find extensive usage in the field of metrology. Data from barometer based atmospheric pressure measurements, along with many other parameters such as temperature, humidity etc. are processed in metrological stations across the world to come up with local and regional weather forecasts and bulletins. Since atmospheric pressure changes can also be used to reliably measure altitude, barometer devices also find application in altimeters in aircrafts. Barometer devices are also used on marine vessels to keep a track of changes in the weather and take appropriate precautions if required. Ships fitted with barometer devices and other measurement instruments also form a fleet of observation vessels, who record, measure and relay weather data from the seas to land based stations which monitor marine weather. Thus the market for barometer devices is projected to be driven by the need for accurate metrological monitoring and forecasting.
Barometer Market: Regional Outlook
Barometer market is projected to witness stable growth in the next five to ten years with demand primarily originating from the metrology, aviation and marine industries. Asia Pacific is a key regional market for Barometer devices, with a fast growing aviation industry and some of the world’s busiest marine traffic networks. With increasing incidences of extreme weather conditions in the wake of climate change effects, there has been increased focus on improving metrological monitoring and forecasts, particularly in regions that routinely face typhoons, cyclones and storms. North America and Europe are significant markets for barometer devices, with a well-developed weather monitoring and forecasting infrastructure, which is constantly updated. Japan, China, UK, Southeast Asia, US, and Canada are some of the key countries for the Barometer devices market.
Barometer Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified in the Barometer market include,
- Feingerätebau K. Fischer GmbH
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Bosch Sensortec
- Maximum Inc
- Abbeon Cal Inc.
- Russell Scientific Instruments Ltd
- TE Connectivity
- Apogee Instruments
- Scientific Sales, Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Barometer market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Barometer market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Barometer Market Segments
- Barometer Market Dynamics
- Barometer Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Barometer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Barometer Market: Segmentation
On the basis of Product Type, the Barometer market can be segmented as,
- Mercury BasedBarometer
- Aneroid Barometer
- Sensor Based Barometer
On the basis of Technology, the Barometer market can be segmented as,
On the basis of End Use Industry, the Barometer market can be segmented as,
- Metrology & Weather
- Laboratory & Research
- Other Industrial
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Barometer Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Barometer Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Barometer Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Barometer Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.