This Chloroethane market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chloroethane market.
Global Chloroethane Market: Introduction
Chloroethane, also known as ethyl chloride -- CAS Number 75 -00 -3, is a chemical compound used as a chemical intermediate in aerosols, solvents and anesthesia as well as in the manufacturing of dyes, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. It is also used as a medication to alleviate pain associated with insect burns and stings. Chloroethane, with the chemical formula C2H5Cl, is a colorless and flammable gas slightly soluble in water. Chloromethane is generally produced by reacting ethylene and hydrogen chloride over an aluminum chloride catalyst at temperatures ranging from 130°C -250°C. Chloroethane is used for various niche but critical applications in several industries, such as dies, chemicals, etc. It is also used in the production of tetraethyl lead, an anti-knock additive gasoline additive. Tetraethyl lead was the dominant application of chloroethane. However, stringent government regulations to reduce lead content in gasoline have drastically reduced the demand for chloroethane, thereby leading to a negative impact on the global chloroethane market. However, chloroethane is rigorously used for the production of ethyl cellulose and in various other miscellaneous applications, which include its use as a solvent in phosphorus, sulfur, fats, oils, resins and waxes. Currently, chloroethane is largely used as a blowing agent in foamed plastics. By product type, the global chloroethane market can be segmented into monochloroethane and dichloroethane. Monochloroethane is less toxic and hence, highly preferred by end-users.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Chloroethane Market: Market Dynamics
Increasing niche but diverse applications of chloroethane is one of the most important driving factors responsible for the growth of the global chloroethane market. Chloroethane is being increasingly used as a blowing agent during the production of foamed plastic. Increasing applications of foam plastic in various applications, such as in thermal as well as acoustic insulation materials, cushioning materials, panels and other plastic articles, are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global chloroethane market in the coming years. Moreover, the boom in the insulation industry due to increasing regulations and building standards will also drive the demand for foamed plastics, thereby contributing to the growth of the global chloroethane market.
However, growing awareness about air pollution and increasing implementation of stringent regulations have drastically reduced the consumption of chloroethane, thereby pushing down the growth of the global chloroethane market. Some of the regulatory organizations regulating the production and consumption of chloroethane include Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction (REACH) regulations, among others. For instance, OSHA regulates chloroethane levels in workplaces -- the occupational exposure limit for an 8-hour work day of a 40-hour work week is 1,000 ppm. Moreover, chloroethane is an extremely flammable gas, carcinogenic and is toxic to the environment and hence, extreme care is required while handling the chloroethane gas. These are some of the restraint hampering the growth of the global chloroethane market.
Global Chloroethane Market: Regional Outlook
The global chloroethane market, by region, is segmented into North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South East Asia and Pacific (SEAPAC), China, Japan and MEA. China and SEAPAC are expected to be the major markets in the global chloroethane market in terms of growth due to the substantial growth of polymer and chemical industries in countries, such as India and China. North America and Europe market are expected to witness sluggish growth owing to increasing environmental regulations. Further, in the U.S., the demand for chloroethane has dropped sharply due to government mandating reduction of utilization of lead additives in gasoline. The growth of the insulation industry in Eastern & Western Europe is expected to be the key driving factor responsible for the growth of the global chloroethane market in the region.
Chloroethane Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the market participants operating across the value chain of the global chloroethane market are:
- The Linde Group
- MESA International Technologies, Inc.
- Dow Chemical Co
- BASF SE
- Seidler Chemical Co.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry
- Puyer Biopharma Ltd.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chloroethane Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Chloroethane Market: Segmentation
On the basis of application, the global chloroethane market can be segmented into:
- foamed plastics
- Other Chemicals
On the basis of product type, the global chloroethane market can be segmented into:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Chloroethane Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Chloroethane Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Chloroethane Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Chloroethane Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.