This Disposable Gloves market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Disposable Gloves market.
The rapid spread of coronavirus disease that started from China has become a major challenging public health concern for not only China but also other countries around the world, especially the U.S. and Italy where the number of cases is increasing at a significant rate. Due to the nature of the disease and risk of cross infection, global demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) including disposable mask (surgical and respirator), face shield, protective gowns, and protective goggles has been witnessing a sudden increase, and disposable gloves (examination and surgical) are no exception. Moreover, as the cases start to spread quickly, it will be critical to ramp up the production of essential testing kits and PPE.
Strong Focus on Hand Hygiene Influences Growth Prospects
Hand hygiene has been considered one of the most critical measures for reducing the risk of transmitting microorganisms to patients. In the current scenario, the COVID-19 pandemic reinforces the importance of hospital disinfectant products and services and the need for good hand hygiene, thereby potentially raising the demand for clinical hand hygiene products such as hand sanitizer and disposable gloves. Apart from the healthcare industry, demand for disposable gloves is gaining a boost for non-medical applications in food & beverage and foodservice industries to ensure food safety practices. However, the application scope will remain higher in medical space, due to social distancing policies, shutdown of food supply chain, and low or no foot traffic in bars and restaurants.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Production to Ramp up Amidst Supply Chain Disruptions
An exponential increase in the need for resources for infection prevention and control measures is weighing on a same scale as growing demand for disposable gloves. However, the current global stockpile of disposable gloves is insufficient and surging demand - driven by rising number of COVID-19 cases, stockpiling, and panic buying - will lead to further shortages. As a result, key manufacturers are forced to run factories around the clock to meet demand. In addition, organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food Drug and Administration (FDA) are collaborating with manufacturers of medical gloves to implement mitigations related to COVID-19 pandemic.
It is pertinent to note that fluctuation in prices for the key material used in latex disposable gloves and risk of latex allergies have influenced manufacturers to switch to synthetic alternatives. While today’s demand for disposable gloves continues to defy gravity, hospitals are running out of these gloves, as Malaysia - the world’s largest producer - takes strict measures including expansive lockdown of manufacturing plants to contain the spread of deadly coronavirus in the country.
Disposable Gloves Market - COVID-19 Crisis Impact on Sustainability
Sustainability has long been playing an important role in business practices and long-term goals, in the view of rising environmental concerns and consumers’ aversion to products with high environmental impact. While the sustainability continues to influence growth strategies, many of critical elements for prevention of the spread of COVID-19 use single-use plastics or represent a few sustainability challenges. As a matter of the fact, the immediate focus should be on meeting the unprecedented rise in demand. At the same time, manufacturers are hard-pressed to work on better alternatives to replace conventional materials for medical purposes. If improperly discarded, disposable gloves show the potential to cause significant damage to the environment, thereby warranting the need for greater innovation around bio-based or eco-friendly alternatives that meet same medical standards and decompose into the environment.
North America Leads the 1st Wave of Growth
Currently, coronavirus outbreak has hit the hardest in the U.S. with number of cases surpassing 300,000-mark. As CDC lists gloves as one of the critical items for COVID-19 prevention, North America is expected to maintain its lead in the global disposable gloves market. While a growing number of companies are entering the marketplace to cater to rising demand, supply chain disruptions in major producers such as China and Malaysia is emerging as key challenge for key market players. Therefore, these players are focusing on relocating their supply chains and reducing dependence on these countries.
Growth prospects of the disposable gloves market also remain high in Asia Pacific. Leading market players have long been eyeing opportunities in countries such as China and India for strategic expansion. However, the recent outbreak of COVID-19 is leading to realignment of their strategies, which in turn, are likely offer lucrative opportunities for local and regional players. Manufacturers with high production capacities to meet the impending need are expected to be rewarded in both near-term and long run.
Disposable Gloves Market - Competitive Landscape
In a separate section of the FMI’s study, a complete profile of key players operating in the disposable gloves market has been provided which covers new product launches, growth strategies, and regional footprint. Some of these players include Top Glove Corporation Berhad, YTY Industry Holdings Berhad, Microflex Corporation, Smart Glove Corporation Sdn Bhd, Ansell Limited, Cardinal Health, Inc., Hartalega Holdings Berhad, Rubberex Corp. M Bhd, Supermax Corporation Berhad, Mlnlycke Health Care, Cypress Medical Products LLC, Unigloves (UK) Limited, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Dynarex Corporation, Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd., and Semperit AG Holding.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Disposable Gloves Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmental Analysis of the Disposable Gloves Market
The FMI’s study categorizes the disposable gloves market on the basis of product, form, application, and region.
Disposable Gloves Market Analysis by Product
- Natural Rubber Gloves
- Neoprene Gloves
- Nitrile Gloves
- Vinyl Gloves
- Polyethylene Gloves
Disposable Gloves Market Analysis by Form
Disposable Gloves Market Analysis by Application
- Food Processing
Regional Analysis of Disposable Gloves Market
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Report Highlights: Global Disposable Gloves Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering the personal protective equipment market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the medical and non-medical gloves industry
- Detailed segmentation of disposable gloves market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in suction pump
- Opportunity assessment of disposable gloves market
- Competitive landscape analysis of disposable gloves marketplace
- Key player developments in medical gloves space
- Niche and potential segments in disposable gloves market that reflect promising opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance over the forecast period
- Must-have insights for the disposable gloves market players
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Disposable Gloves Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Disposable Gloves Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Disposable Gloves Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Disposable Gloves Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)