This External Pacemakers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving External Pacemakers market.
An external pacemaker is an artificial device intended to regulate the electrical conduction system of the heart by generating an electrical impulses delivered by electrodes placed on the patient’s chest. The regulation of the electrical conduction system of the heart results in maintaining an adequate heart rate in cases, where the heart's natural pacemaker is irregular, or there is a block in the heart's electrical conductive system due to cardiopathies. The primary indication of transcutaneous pacing is irregular beating of the heart (bradycardia). The external pacemakers are indicated for short-term demand pacing for therapeutic, prophylactic, or diagnostic purposes. External pacing should not be used for extended periods and serves as an emergency procedure until permanent implantable pacers are employed or the condition is mitigated using drug treatment.
External Pacemakers Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
According to the center for disease control and prevention, about 610,000 U.S. citizens die of heart disease each year with more than half of the deaths due to heart disease are in men. Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the major heart disease, resulting in over 370,000 deaths each year. The statistics also point to the fact that about 735,000 Americans suffer a heart attack each year. Speaking in economic terms , heart disease costs about $200 billion each year to the U.S. exchequer, which includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity. Thus a large external pacemakers market is well evident even to an untrained eye.
The demographic drivers of the external pacemakers market include growing geriatric population, sedentary lifestyles, obesity, substance abuse, fatty food and others. The growing incidence of diseases such as diabetes, and hypertension indirectly aid the market growth as they result in greater risk of developing cardiopathies. According to the center for disease control and prevention, approximately 75 million Americans representing 32 % of the population suffer from hypertension.
Technological advancements resulting in product development such as the development of demand external pacemaker, which activates only when it senses inadequate heart rhythms and thereby avoids competition with the hearts own natural pacemaker is driving a faster external pacemakers market adoption. Technological gains represent a significant market opportunity as they are expected to generate high impact on patient care. Technologies such as remote wireless remote monitoring systems, advanced data analysis and recording resulting in plethora of information on patient health and device status is expected to result in growing functionality and market adoption. miniaturization is another trend, which is expected to boost the external pacemakers market growth.
However, the high cost of external pacemakers, competition from drug therapy, scarcity of trained manpower, the lower per capita income of the developing world is hampering the external pacemakers market.
External Pacemakers Market: Segmentation
To gain a bird’s eye view of the global external pacemakers market, the report is segmented on the basis of pacing type, modality, distribution channels and region.
External Pacemakers Market: Overview
The global market for external pacemakers is expected to charge owing to lowering of stringency of regulations. The U.S. The FDA has issued a proposal to lower the risk classification for external pacemaker pulse generators from Class III to Class II. However validation of effectiveness remains a prime criteria for market approval.
External pacemakers Market: Regional Wise Outlook
The global external pacemakers market can be classified into the following region: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America, led by the U.S., is expected to account for the largest share in the global external pacemakers market, owing to the large demand, large healthcare expenditure, and large per capita income in the region.
The Asia Pacific external pacemakers market excluding Japan is projected to expand and dominate the scene in the near future, owing to the growing healthcare and large specialty hospitals.
China and India are anticipated to account for the major share of the Asia Pacific external pacemakers market growth. Germany, France and the U.K., are projected to be the largest drivers of the Europe external pacemakers market. The Middle East and Africa External pacemakers market is anticipated to be dominated by the gulf economies of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar.
External Pacemakers Market: Market Participants
Some of the major vendors operating in the global external pacemakers market are Medtronic, OSCOR Inc, OSYPKA AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Fluke, Shree Pacetronix Ltd., Abbott, Avery Biomedical Devices, Inc., St. Jude Medical, and others.
The global external pacemakers report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key External Pacemakers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on the pacing type, the global external pacemakers market can be segmented as,
- Esophageal pacing
- Transcutaneous pacing
- Transvenous pacing
- Epicardial pacing
Based on the modality, the global external pacemakers market can be segmented as,
- Single chamber
- Dual chamber
Based on the end users, the global external pacemakers market can be segmented as,
The external pacemakers report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K., Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from External Pacemakers Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying External Pacemakers Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the External Pacemakers Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the External Pacemakers Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)