This Eyewear market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Eyewear market.
Eyewear Market Overview
Eyewear is anything which one wears to protect the eyes or to correct the vision. It could be of different types depending on the quality, size, material, and frame. The demand for eyewear is increasing globally. People are becoming more aware and have realized the importance of regular eye checkup/examination. As a result, demand for corrective eyewear, such as contact lenses and spectacles is increasing. Also, a number of people wear it just to make a fashion statement or because it looks good on them.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The global eyewear market can be segmented into spectacles, contact lenses and sunglasses. Spectacles, which includes frames as well as lenses, are the preferred choice for visual inaccuracies such as hyperopia and myopia. Frames cost significantly more than the lenses, but their replacement rate is lesser. Frames can be made of different materials like nylon, plastic, metal, etc. Contact lenses can be of two types, soft contact lenses: which are easily adaptable to the eyes, and rigid gas permeable lenses: which is mainly used for correcting astigmatism.
Contact lenses are also used for cosmetic purposes or to look glamorous (example colored contact lenses). Great care should be taken while wearing lenses and they should be changed when required, or else it can lead to a condition known as contact lens-induced acute red eye (CLARE).
Globally, the demand for eyewear market is robust in North America. Europe and Asia Pacific are the other dominant regions for the eyewear market. It is anticipated that the eyewear market will witness steady growth in these regions in the future as well.
Eyewear Market Dynamics
The growth is expected to be driven by lifestyle changes due to growing urbanization, acceptance of eyewear products, high number of individuals using corrective eyewear, increased usage of silicon hydrogel, and growing ageing population. The growth of the industry can be hindered by price differentiation between branded and unbranded frames, sale of illegal novelty contact lenses, and the challenging local conditions in various countries.
Eyewear Market: Key Players
Major players in the industry are Carl Zeiss AG, Essilor, Luxottica, Safilo Group, Acuvue, and Crizal. Distribution channels include retail chains, independent stores, drugstores, mass merchandisers as well as specialty stores. Notable retail stores include Sunglass Hut, Oliver Peoples, Sun Planet and Sunglass Icon.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the eyewear market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Eyewear Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Eyewear Market Segments
- Eyewear Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Eyewear Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Eyewear Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Eyewear Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Eyewear Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Eyewear Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Eyewear Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Eyewear Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Eyewear Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.