This Greyboard market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Greyboard market.
Greyboard Market: An Overview
Greyboard is a 100% recycled, low grade thick sheet. Greyboard also known as chipboard, is considered as a more economical alternative of wooden boards. With the rising concerns regarding the usage of plastics have resulted in hiked demand for paperboard packaging solutions which has aided in growth of greyboard market globally. Greyboard is available in many grades and can also be lined using polyethylene, silicon, Kraft linings as well as polyester. Greyboard is chiefly used for making inserts & dividers, book covers, folding cartons and more. Manufacturers are using greyboard to reduce their overall packaging cost incurred. Greyboard is used for the manufacture of various protective packaging solutions such as inserts & dividers. With the growing applications of protective packaging in various end use industries, the demand for greyboard is expected to grow over the next few years.
Greyboard Market: Dynamics
Greyboard is used in a wide range of applications owing to its light-weight and cost effectiveness. Also, it is recyclable, which makes it an environmentally friendly solution for packaging. Food & beverage packaging industry followed by electronic goods is expected to represent immense growth opportunities for greyboard market which can be attributed to increasing adoption of greyboards in shipping and storing of products. However, greyboard has a raw unfinished appearance which is why it does not have much visual appeal. This restricts the areas of application of a greyboard for point of sale display packaging. In addition to this, greyboard is not considered apt for superior quality printing as they are made from low grade recycled sheets. These factors might hamper the growth of greyboard market during the forecast period.
The overall outlook for greyboard market is expected to remain positive owing to the reliability and sturdiness its offers along with its recyclable, customizable, cost-efficient and environment-friendly characteristics.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Greyboard Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global greyboard market has been segmented in seven key regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excl. Japan (APEJ), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Japan. The global greyboard market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period. The fast paced growth of retail chains and packaged goods in the developing countries of Asia Pacific is expected to boost the demand for greyboard in the coming years. Mexico is expected to bolster the automotive and construction sector in Latin America. Growth in these sectors is expected to buttress the growth of greyboard in the region. In the developed countries, the demand for greyboard is expected to be majorly driven by the growing demand of protective packaging solutions. Manufacturers are using inserts and dividers for beverage packaging. On the backdrop of increasing consumption of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in the region, the greyboard market is expected to attain substantial growth.
Greyboard Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global greyboard market are Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Skjern Papirfabrik A/S, Preston Board & Packaging Ltd., Doric Anderton Ltd., Corenso United Oy Ltd., EskaBoard Ltd., Jai Vijaya Paper & Boards Pvt Ltd., Venkateshwara Boards Pvt. Ltd., Emami Paper Mills Ltd, Galaxy Papers Pvt. Ltd. and more. Many other local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global greyboard market during the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global greyboard market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with greyboard market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on greyboard market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Greyboard Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Greyboard Market: Segmentation
Globally the greyboard market has been segmented as thickness, applications and end uses.
On the basis of thickness, the global greyboard market has been segmented as follows
- 5 mm - 1 mm
- 1 mm - 1.5 mm
- 5 mm -2 mm
- 2 mm and above
On the basis of applications, the global greyboard market has been segmented as follows
- Edge protectors
- Folding cartons
- Pallet sheets
- Writing pads
- Inserts & dividers
- Others (Book covers etc.)
On the basis of end uses, the global greyboard market has been segmented as follows
- Food & Beverage packaging
- Personal Care & Cosmetics packaging
- Automotive packaging
- Industrial Goods packaging
- Pharmaceutical packaging
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing greyboard market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth greyboard market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected greyboard market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in greyboard market
- Competitive landscape of the greyboard market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on greyboard market performance
- Must-have information for greyboard market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Greyboard Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Greyboard Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Greyboard Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Greyboard Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)